Chapter 19

Winter is supposed to be the best season ever. Something about the snow makes me feel content with my past. Although living in California we don't get snow. That's why I have pictures that I can look at. I also love the little Bambi deer running around in movies and pictures they are so cute.

"Kat do you want something to eat?" Mom stops by my door holding a plate full of food. I shake my head and look back at my picture of a forest covered in a blanket of snow with deer tracks in it making the scene seem even more magical.

I've been alone for the last couple of weeks. Emma comes by sometimes but she can't always be here. Julian has called millions of times leading me to turn off my phone all together.

Landon and Aubrey don't know about Julian. Only Emma and my parents since she told them.

"Katherine you need to get out and get some fresh air. Staying inside this room moping around is not going to help anything." He walks out leaving the door wide open.

Standing up I look at my outfit if baggy sweatpants an old school shirt and a messy bun. Looks fine to me. Grabbing my keys I wake down stairs into the garage. Starting my car I slowly back out and head to my one place of comfort. The coffee shop.

Something about the smell of coffee just makes me calm.

Reaching the coffee shop I park right out front. Looking out the window I see people and tourists walking around on their phones and talking. Stepping out of my car I head inside. Waiting in line the cashier finally sees me and smiles.

"We saw you come in." She hands me the cup and I sit in the back corner by the window.

What did I do wrong? Was I a boring girlfriend? Did my past scare him away? Maybe I'm just damaged goods. Maybe I'm not meant to be good. I was taught everything happens for a reason.

"You're Katherine Carson right?" Looking up I see a girl about the age of ten. "I'm a really big fan of yours." I've done nothing but be a human. How can she be a fan. When I was six I was taken and abused sexually as a child. When I heard your story it made me feel so much better to know that I wasn't alone in the world. Whenever I would get scared my mom would bring in the huge cutout she had made of you to remind me that I'm never alone." The greatest fear in the world is for people to feel alone.

"Honey don't bother her." A man comes up behind her touching her shoulders.

"But daddy it's Katherine." The man looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"I'm sorry she looks up to this girl Katherine Carson as a hero." I nod my head at him.

"It really is her." She whines.

"What's your name?" The dad asks.

"She doesn't talk daddy." This little girl sure knows a lot of things about me.

"Well I apologize. We're going to be going now but it was nice to meet you." He reaches his hand forward but I don't grab it.

"Daddy No!" The little girl screams grabbing his hand.

"We're going to leave now." He grabs her hand pulling her out of the café while whispering harshly to her.

Back to silence.

Sipping on my drink I slowly watch the sky darken outside.

"Look who I found." Turning to the opposite side of my booth I see the girl that ruined it all.

Natalia.

"How long have you been pathetically sitting here? Wait that's right you don't talk." She laughs like a witch. "Such a shame." She sighs.

Please leave me alone.

"Have you ever fucked Julian? Cause he's really good." My body stiffens in my seat at his name. "He told me how your scared to go to far. I've also heard about your pathetic little kidnapping story. You really need to get over yourself. Let me tell you a little secret." Natalia sits back.

All I want is to go back to the way things use to be.

"Julian never loved you. His management team decided that you would be good for his image after that little coffee accident." She's lying. It's not true. "Did your really think that a guy would like you? That's pathetic." This is why I stay inside the house.

The world is cruel.

"Let me give you some advice. Go away forever. No one wants you here. You and your freak self need to travel somewhere else. No one wants you here. Not even your sister. I would prefer if you accidentally walked in the middle of the highway. But whatever works for you is fine for me." She smiles. "Oh and can you tell Julian I  had fun last night." Grabbing my keys I run outside jumping into my car and speeding off.

This can't be happening to me. Tears cloud my vision as I drive down the windy road to the beach. Why does she hate me? Why does the world hate me?

Parking my car I slowly get out and stare at the ocean. If life was a movie mine would be a sell out.

Walking to the cliffs; I sit in the middle that opens to see a peak of the ocean. It's so much more peaceful at night and it's prettier. Leaning back I sigh watching the waves as it slowly rocks me to sleep.

"I've got her!" Someone moves my body around making me stretch. Opening my eyes I see a man holding me. A scream rips out if my throat causing me to climb away from him. "Hey I'm not going to hurt you." His face changes to Malcolm making me scream again.

"We were told no men to touch her back up." A lady pulls him back and comes to me. "Hi Katherine do you know where you are?" I nod my head looking around. "We are part of your security team and your parents sent us to look for you." I need to get home. "It's twelve o'clock and we are here to take you home okay." She holds my hand wrapping a blanket around me.

"You're going to be okay." If only she knew how wrong she was.