Chapter 23

Somehow Emma has talked me into coming down to Times Square tonight. Sitting here bundled up in only a pair of black leggings a thin turquoise long sleeve shirt with a black leather jacket. Oh and don't let me forget the black boots I have on.

We're standing in the VIP section with our badges on talking to other celebrities. Wait let me correct that. While Emma talks to other celebrities and I just stand here awkwardly. This is who the whole night has been going.

"Congratulations on the baby." Sam Conwell comes up to Emma hugging her.

"How did you know?" I can answer that question.

"Since when could Landon hold water?" Never in his entire life.

"How many people has he told?" Emma asks scared. Since they both agreed not to tell anyone until later.

"Just me which I forced out of him so don't beat him up to bad." He laughs along with Emma. "Look who it is Katherine Carson." I give a small smile and look around.

"Don't you remember me? Clammy sammy?" Oh yeah I removed he used to get all sweaty when he used to talk time when we were kids. He had the biggest crush on me.

"Yeah." His smile falters as he stares at me.

"When did this happen? She talks!" He screams catching others attention." Sam could never hold water either.

"She can only speak small words at a time. She's trying to get use to talking again so don't make her strain her voice." Sam nods and smiles at me.

"Well I wish you all the luck." Sam holds his hands out for a hug and I shake my head. "Oh okay well bye." Emma laughs as he walks away.

"I think Clammy Sammy still has a crushy wushy." Emma laughs louder making me groan. Maybe I should have brought Landon with me. Or maybe Lilly. Although Tye would have cost me the least amount of stress. I miss my puppy.

Tye also wouldn't have dragged me down to Times Square.

"Two more hours New York." The DJ shouts for the tenth time. It's so crowded down here. Children running around and teenage girls who go spend all their daddies hard earned money.

"Hey lets go to the resolution table." Emma drags me to the table where there's a bowl with strips of paper. Taking one I stare at it.

Resolution:_________________

There's a lot of things I wish I could change next year, or should I say tomorrow.

Resolution: I want to finally be able to confront my past and get over it.

Putting mine on the wall it blends in with the others as other people stick there's on the wall.

"What did you hope for?" Emma walks over it me. Barely walking in her heels that match mine with her black sparkly tight fitting dress and hair in a tight pony tail.

I shrug my shoulders and head back to where .we were sitting earlier.

"Well I hoped that this coming year you could finally be happy." I turn to her and smile. "Julie!" Emma screams catching someone's attention. "I'll be right back don't move." I watch as she walks off. Looking around I see all the people having fun and dancing on the streets.

"I am so sorry." A guy says as he runs into and wraps his arms around me. "Scream and I kill your friend." I close my mouth and look around for my security detail. "Good girl. Malcolm told me to tell his little princess that he will see you very soon." He's lying, he's just a prankster. "He misses all the fun you two use to have in the cabin. Until then princess." He steps back smirking at me. Looking straight behind him I catch the eye of one of the guards.

Help, I mouth to him. I'm,editor he talks threw his walkie-talkie and starts running towards me.

"You stay right where you are." My guard yells as others appear out of no where. The man suddenly let's go and runs off jumping over the rail.

"Ma'am you need to come with me." Security escorts me inside the emergency car and speeds off.

"Emma," I gasp looking around frantically. I can't leave her behind.

"We've got her in the vehicle behind us. We have orders that if anything was to happen to immediately put the two of you on a jet back home." This means my family knows. Just then my phone rings.

"I know Katherine," dad says. "I found your book on your book shelf."

Crap

Crap

Crap.

He knows.

He knows everything.