Chapter 27

The ride to the station was torture. No one would answer me. No matter how many questions I asked all I got was silence. I want to know why I am in this car being treated like a criminal. I did nothing wrong. I did what I had to do, and yet here I am being taken in like a criminal because I met with a criminal and gave him money. Okay that does sound bad, but in my defense I didn't have a choice. The police car parks in the front of the building, and they escort me in and lead me into an interrogation room. I could feel the stares as I walked past all the people.

Once they take the chains off they leave me to my thoughts. They are probably wondering why would she help her kidnapper. Maybe she is crazy after all. So many possibilities, but they will never guess the real reason. Malcolm has control over me, nit in a sick twisted way, but in a way that most people would not expect. I fear for my life if I don't cooperate with him and now my child's. How did the police even find me?

Did Malcolm set me up?

Do they think I'm helping him?

They couldn't think that right?

"Hello Ms. Carson." The door opens and in steps a detective in a suit. "I'm detective Wilson. I'm just wondering why you were seen with the man who kidnapped you all those years ago? I thought you hated him?" He says opening a file with my name on it.

"I do. If you check my phone you will see the message he sent me." He makes a hand gesture to the mirror, then looks back at me.

"So what did the two of you talk about?" He asks flipping to another page. Studying the page I see my picture clipped on the side and about fifty reports. Probably every detail from my kidnapping.

"He says he wants me back he also said-" The door opens and a woman pokes her head in.

"It's true he threatened to kill another person." The door closes again and he writes something down.

"Continue," He says.

"Can you promise me something?" He looks up at me skeptical.

"It depends on what it is." Oh great. "I am not a fan on plea bargains. If you did the crime I will sentence you Ms. Carson. Are you working with Malcolm. Cause if you are it would explain a lot if things." Who does he think I am?

"He says my child is alive." His pen drops as he stares at me in shock

"I'm sorry but we can't go on the word of a criminal." He says. Of course they can't go off the world of a criminal. But I'm not a criminal.

"You believe me right?" He has to believe me. Why would I lie about that.

"You yourself said you got an abortion Ms. Carson." I know what I said. I also thought I got an abortion.

"Please I just need to know. He wouldn't lie about this. I know you have been chasing him for years and even you know he wouldn't lie about this. Malcolm wouldn't give me the gender of the child. You know he has his ways. Please can you do this one thing?" I ask crying. "I just need to know." He sighs.

Detective Wilson sits back in his chair frustrated. He grabs his pen and starts to write aggressively on the notepad while giving me short glances. Opening my mouth I'm about to speak, but before a word even gets out the door opens. A woman puts her head in and gives a thumbs up before closing the door.

"We can do this one thing only." I mentally cheer in my head. "You're free to go now since we have nothing we can see you did illegally." Jumping up I rush out of the room to the front desk.

"Here's your belongings stay out of trouble." Grabbing them I smile and run out of the station and I freeze. Where's my car? Please don't tell me they towed it. Walking back inside I walk to the detectives desk. With out even having to speak a word he beckons me to the back of the station. Once outside I see my beautiful pink car.

"Thank you." Getting in my car I pull off slowly. Where should I go? Where would everyone be?

The hospital.

Putting my car in reverse I back out then drive off. Speeding down the street I turn two blocks then pull into the emergency parking. Running inside I stop at the front desk.

"Where is Emma Bishop?" I pant trying to catch my breath.

"Are you a relative?" She asks.

"I'm her sister." She looks up at me smirking.

"That's an obvious lie, but she's on floor three in room three-o-four." Smiling I run to the elevator to see there both occupied. Looking around I spot the stairs sign and bolt to the door. Slamming it open I take the steps two at a time till I get to the floor. Opening the door the room is just down the hall. Standing I catch my death before walking in the room or all the heads to turn to me.

"Katherine what are you doing here? You were arrested." Mom asks coming to hug me.

"I was released." I smile.

"Why were you taken in anyways?" Looking up I see Emma barely awake.

"Because I had a meeting with Malcolm, but I have great news." I watch as all their eyes slowly turn to shock.

"You met with that psycho?" Landon stands up.

"Yes, but the good news is that my baby is alive aren't you all happy?" I laugh while they all stare at me as if I've lost my mind.

"Kat you can believe anything that comes out of that mans mouth." Dad yells at me.

"Dad but my child could be out their all alone. Imagine me being out there, not knowing who my parents are. That's how my child probably feels out their all alone. Emma think about you and Landon's child-"

"Don't you dare compare our child to his," Landon glares at me.

"But it's my child too," I cry.

"A child you didn't want!" It's still a part of me.

"Landon calm down." Emma rubs his arm.

"Look Katherine can you prove that he's telling the truth?" Julian asks looking at me hopeful.

"Why would he lie to me?" I ask them.

"Why would he kidnap you?" Landon asks sarcastically.

"You guys don't believe me?" I ask looking at them in shock.

"No we don't actually." Aubrey glances up at me. "I would love to help you but we can't go chasing something we don't know exists Kat. I'm sorry, but I can't." I thought they would help me with this.

"Dad?" I ask looking at him.

"No Katherine we can't help you. It's no use. He's trying to get you to come back to him. He's messing with your brain." I can't believe the words coming out of my dads mouth.

"He wouldn't play with me like this. He says he has been keeping tabs over my child." I sob as they shake their heads. So much fir family sticks together.

"He's messing with you darling. Don't let him do this to you." Mom steps forward to hug me, but I step back.

"No it's all of you that's messed up." Turning around I run out of the hospital and get in my car. If there is one thing Malcolm didn't do it was lie to me. He said that people in love don't lie to each other. Just one problem was I didn't love him, but he doesn't know that.

Know it's up to the police, but I don't even think they believe me.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Looking in the backseat I see my phone. Turning back around I see that lane is clear in front of me. Turning back around I go to grab the phone stretching. Almost got it. Once I get a grip on it a force knocks my car sending me sideways slamming my head into the door, just as my body flies out the car and slams on the concrete.

Blinking I see blood all around me and hear glass breaking.

"I'm sorry princess."