6: You are Who

____________

________
____

"So she stalked you on Instagram?" Ashley asked, I only nodded to answer her.

"Wow. Must find you intriguing," she mumbled to herself, however, I heard her loud and clear.

"No, she definitely does not. I doubt she likes girls." I don't think i've ever tried seeing the stranger in that way. I've seen girls compliment other girls, so it was hard to tell with her. "So? She likes you! She likes yo-" she sang but I quickly cut her off by placing my hand over her mouth.

"Be quiet would you." I hushed her. She disrespectfully rolled her eyes, and licked my hand causing me to retrieve my hand back in disgust. I gave her a 'yuck' face before wiping my hand on my pants.

"Whatever, I gotta go help my mom with some decorating." She suddenly stood up from her seat.

"What's the decorations for?" I asked as I followed her, getting up from the chair. "My cousin's birthday party," She happily said with a smile.

"Can I come to the party?"

"Are you gonna bring a present?" She placed her hands on her hips and blinked at me a couple of times, waiting for my answer.  "Bitch, I'm broke." I exclaimed with exaggeration in my voice. "Then no! Bye Y/N." She waved me off, leaving me alone in the staff room.

Damn

_____

-next day-

   "Table fourteen," Ashely announced as she handed me a tray full of delicious freshly made food. If onlyI could take this for myself and munch it down. "Alright." I grabbed the tray and balanced it with one hand. After finally adjusting it, I walked over to table fourteen to see a group of girls.

I subtly placed the tray on an open table near theirs and handed each of their food. "Is that all for today?" I asked after I handed out the last dish. I grabbed the tray from the table, holding it on its side with one hand.

"Actually, uhm — I would like your number." A brunette tried to say confidently but failed. I could tell she was trying to convince her friends she was all that. She smiled after which I'll give her points for since she had cute dimples.

"Sorry but, i'm on the job. Maybe ask me after work." I politely dodged that one real quick. I knew she wouldn't stay till late to ask for my number, so it was a good excuse.

Her friends held in their laughs, while the brunette's cheeks turned red from embarrassment. I felt somewhat bad, but I wasn't that interested.

As I walked away, I heard one of the girls say,"way to go Caroline."

"Why did you reject her? She was cute." Ashely looked disappointed for declining the poor girl. "I just didn't feel that interested." It sounded like it was coming off as a lie, but it wasn't.