Parker Stevens; Chapter Eighteen

does anyone want to make me a new cover? my photoshop stopped working and I really want a new one hahaxD so yeah.. lol, if not, I'll just leave this one:)

_______________________________

I sighed happily as my feet slid out of my heels and onto the plush hallway carpet. They had not worked so well walking the distance from the bus stop to my house, which was about a five minute walk but it was also uphill. 

                "Grace." My mother called softly from the kitchen. I heard some rustling of papers and groaned inwardly, hoping my mom hadn't done exactly what I thought she did. 

                My feet carried me across the carpet and onto the dark hardwood floor before walking down the short hall to the kitchen. My mother sat with a few papers in front of her, glasses pushed on top of her head, hair pulled back into a bun. Her hands were crossed in front of her, a clear stance that said 'we need to talk.' You see, I wasn't the type of girl to rebel and my mom had obviously worried insanely about me. 

                "Please sit." She said coolly, her hand pulling out of her grip to motion for the stool directly across the table from her. 

                “‘Kay.” I mumbled before complying. She stared at me for a moment, still in shock at what I had done to myself, before she cleared her throat and glanced down at the speech she most likely already memorized. My mom had this...thing with writing speeches. Every monumental event in my life is documented by a speech. My first period, my first day of high school, my first high school party, my graduation from grade 8, my first sleepover. The list goes on. She was just really prepared which is why it didn't surprise me that she sat here with one in front of her. 

                Her eyes met my own and she sighed again. 

                "Grace," She started before taking a dramatic pause. I wonder if she even wrote when to take the dramatic pauses. Who am I kidding? Of course she did. "I know you are growing up and that teenagers sometimes need to rebel. It is totally understandable that you feel the need to go against our wishes, although you haven't done that yet, with all those raging hormones you have inside of you. I also know that sometimes teenagers decide to change something about themselves. Your Aunt Trisha went through this already with her daughter, Cassidy. Or how she now likes to be called; Raven."

                I snorted at my cousins awful death metal transformation after her boyfriend broke up with her. This allowed me to receive a silencing glare from my mother. She wasn't very pleased with me at the moment apparently.  

                "I realize that teens like to make changes but you also have done it quite drastically. I didn't recognize you at first sight and the way you've been acting is quite uncharacteristic of your personality. I don't know what happened to make you come to the conclusion of changing yourself, but I presume it has something to do with that boy Parker." She paused as she put the paper she had been reading off of behind the next page. I took the pause as a sign that I could talk. 

                "It's nice that you're voicing your concerns mom, but it's unneeded. I know what I'm doing, and I know it may seem like a big change to you, but I've wanted to do it for a while now," I lied. "You have nothing to worry about. I'm still me, just in a different skin." I tried before flashing a wide grin at her. She blinked at me for a moment before sighing once more. She pushed her speech away from herself and looked back at me intently. 

                "I really do hope this doesn't turn into anything serious. I know how you are and maybe it's just a faze, I went through a few of my own crazy stages when I was around your age. All for that one boy’s attention..." She smiled at the thought before I raised my eyebrows.