Parker Stevens; Chapter One

hello again, thanks if you stuck around:3

______________________________

A loud beeping noise brought me out of my vivid dream where I slapped Parker Stevens after he had kissed me. 

            I groaned and rolled over, slamming my alarm clock, wishing that it would crawl in a hole and die. I couldn't believe what an effect Parker left on me. But then again it was my first kiss and I was planning on saving that for, sigh, Teagan Fellar. Sure, Teagan didn't even notice my existence, but what can I do? It's not my fault I have a close to an obsessive crush on him, it's his fault for being so damn attractive...with his green eyes, his blonde hair, his perfectly white smile, his amazingly sculpted six-pack. Yes, of course I've seen his six-pack, I Facebook stalk him and there just happened to be pictures of him shirtless on his profile.

            "Grace!!! Are you up!?" I heard my dad call from the basement. I groaned again. It sucked having heating vents that you could hear anything that happened in the room above it. And, of course, my dad's 'man cave' is below my room. I got up slowly, cracking my back and stretching my short limbs, and walked over to the vent beside my desk. I got down on my hands and knees and yelled, "Yeah Dad!" into the grate. 

            "Good! Breakfast before you go or no desert tonight!" He yelled back. My dad was a strong believer in the '4 meals a day!' motto. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert. My dad was a baker, so it would only make sense that he liked to eat desert. 

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and started getting ready for school. It was the first day back from break today and I wanted to shoot something. I wish we owned a gun, maybe a rifle? In case a robber came, not for my recreation reasons of course. Why would I need one! Ha...

            I pulled my brush off of my dresser, pulling it through my shoulder length dark brown hair, getting all the knots out of it. I grabbed a white v-neck shirt out of my drawer and a pair of regular wash skinny jeans. I pulled them both on, satisfied with the outfit when I looked in the mirror.  

             "Grace, it's cold today, so make sure you layer up." I heard my mom say from outside my bedroom door. 

            "Okay mom!" I called back. Looking down at what I was wearing, I sighed. I ran over to my tiny closet, and when I say tiny I mean TINY, and grabbed a grey cardigan off a hanger.  Slipping it on, I walked back over to my dresser and applied green eyeliner around my teal green eyes, matching it with a layer of mascara. I pulled on a white headband, pulling my hair off of my face, and I was done. 

            I ran out of my room and headed straight to the kitchen. I grabbed and orange out of our fruit bowl and quickly peeled it. 

            "Good morning!" My mother said in a cheery voice as she passed behind me, a coffee mug resting safely in her hands. She was still in her robe, her face still clear of make-up and her corn silk blonde coloured hair pulled up in a ponytail. She smiled brightly at me, green eyes still looking half asleep.   

            "Morning," I mumbled through a mouthful of orange. I swallowed then glanced over at my mom who was pouring herself another cup of coffee. "Day off?" I asked her because normally at this time she would've been dressed and ready to go, rushing out the door in the next five minutes. 

            "Yup!" She said, popping the 'p'. 

            "Aha, makes sense." I said then popped another piece of orange in my mouth.

I glanced over at the clock and jumped in surprise. It was almost 8! I must’ve fallen back to sleep after hitting my alarm.

“DAD! WE GOT TO GO!” I yelled, causing my mother to jump in fright at my loud voice.