Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Four

"So, you told him you liked him?" Bri stared at me in the mirror from where I was currently putting on coral lipstick. I looked at her in the mirror and nodded. 

                Her face was the epitome of stunned. I rolled my eyes and spun around to look at her. 

                "It's not that big of a de-" I started but she cut me off. 

                "This is a huge deal, Grace! You finally admitted to yourself everything! Hallelujah! Praise the lord!" She stood up and raised her hands up, looking up towards the ceiling. I smiled sheepishly at her. 

                "Well... He may also have kissed me twice... And I may have agreed to have him come over tomorrow." I shrugged. Her jaw dropped. 

                "Get. Out! Oh, my gosh! How did he kiss you!? Details, details!" She practically screeched.  I threw my hand over her mouth before she could continue any further. 

                "Really, Bri? My mom totally just heard every word you said." I raised an eyebrow which you could see considering I French-braided the front part of my hair for the party tonight. It was around 8:30 and Bri had come over right after school to help me get ready. I had just spilled the beans because we had been fussing over my outfit and hair for the past few hours. 

                "Sorry." Her reply came muffled from beneath my hand. I dropped my hand and she smiled sheepishly at me. A knock at my door a moment later assured me that my mom had heard that. I threw a hand over my face in embarrassment and groaned before turning the knob on my door and swinging it open. 

                "Did I hear that correctly?" My mom said with a serious look. 

                "No." I stated before getting ready to shut the door. My mom threw her hand out and pushed the door back open, her eyebrow raised at me. 

                "Did I hear that correctly?" I could see her lips twitch up at the ends and groaned again. 

                "Mom!" I whined. Briana laughed from behind me and I shot her a look that shut her up. 

                "Grace," My mom said in a warning tone. Her smile had finally been released and was now practically splitting her face open. "Are you two talking about Parker?" 

                "No." I stated before getting ready to shut my door again. My mom jumped inside my room before I could get it closed. I groaned and stomped over to my mirror where I continued putting on my make-up.

                "Where are you going tonight?" My mom asked me while sitting on my bed next to Briana. Bri was smirking at me, not looking apologetic at all. I glared at her through the mirror. 

                "To a party." I replied quietly before grabbing my pink mascara tube. My mom's eyebrows rose to the top of her head. 

                "A party?" She asked disbelievingly. Bri and I nodded at the same time. Briana wasn't going with me but I promised her I wouldn't drink or accept any drinks from anyone. Besides, I still had my morals that I wouldn’t drink. It was just something I didn’t want to do.

                “Yes, mother, a party.” I grumbled while running the mascara wand through my eyelashes. I finally finished both sides and put the wand back in the tube. I spun around to face my mom and Briana who were staring at me.

                “Wow, you clean up nice.” Bri smirked, fully knowing it was her handiwork that made this outfit what it was.

                “You look very pretty sweetie,” My mom smiled at me, getting up from the bed and pulling me into a bear hug. “My little Gracie is growing up! Your first party!” My mom sniffled into my shoulder.