~1~

LIPSTICK: Story will contain boyxboy, boyxgirl, sexual interactions, mentions of cheating (which I don't recommend letting it influence you, it's a story for fucks sake) & other warnings that will be stated in later chapters. Thank you.

Niall stood in front of the classy Pretty  store with his hands inside the pockets of his coat. New York was freezing with it's below 0 temperatures and Niall needed to get inside fast before he froze himself out there. He opened the glass doors of Pretty and entered the warm store. 

It felt awkward, seeing as he was the only male in the store. Females were roaming about, checking out Pretty's famous perfumes and makeup. They didn't seem to be bothered by Niall, or have even noticed him at all. 

Niall walked throughout the fairly sized store. Break Free by Ariana Grande was playing, softly humming in the background. Niall noticed how nice the store smelled. He wondered if he should buy Melissa a new perfume. Not that she needed a new scent, it was just a suggestion Niall had made for himself. 

He didn't know what to buy her for her upcoming birthday. Of course he wanted it to be something at least a bit expensive to show that he wasn't careless, which is why he was here, at Pretty. If he didn't care at all on what he got her, he might have went to Sears or Target. 

"Hi, welcome to Pretty, do you need help with anything sir?" A perky worker had come up to Niall and flashed him a friendly smile. Niall returned her smile and shook his head. 

"Not at the moment, but thank you."

The perky worker nodded and let him be. Niall looked at the perfume section. He checked out perfume after perfume, spraying it on his wrist like he had seen Melissa do many times when they both went shopping together. Pretty offered too many amazing scents, Niall couldn't choose.

He sighed, deciding to give up the hopes of finding one single perfume because he would probably end up buying the whole perfume section. Walking towards the lipsticks, he decided that lipstick would be his final choice. 

Niall thought choosing lipsticks would be easier, but he was very wrong. He didn't know the difference between the labeled colors. There were way too many shades of every color. He hated this. 

"Need any help?" The perky girl was back at Niall's side, smiling at him the same way she did before. 

"Yes, oh my god, thank you," Niall decided to finally accept her help because there was no way he could do this himself. 

"Is there any specific color you are looking for?" she started off, putting the decision making simple. 

Niall thought for a moment. "Pink, I guess. That's what most women like, right?"

The worker laughed. "That's not entirely right. We women like to wear lipstick that is our style. Or maybe we want to take a risk and try out new styles."

"Well, I guess my girlfriend is... excitable? Like she gets excited, a lot." He didn't know how else to sum up Melissa's personality.

"Her favorite color is pink?" Niall nodded. It was some shade of pink. He couldn't remember what it was called, he just knew that it was some dark pink shade. "Then pink it is."

The worker showed him different shades of pink. There was so many, Niall had thought. After almost an hour of being shown the different shades of pink there were in the world, Niall had decided on a pink-orange color. It was pretty

"Alright, I will go get you a perfect new one from the back and give it to the cashier. You can go browse some more in case you want to change your mind or if you want buy something else. If you don't, just wait for the cashier in the back," The worker instructed Niall before leaving him to continue his shopping. 

Niall thought that he would just buy the single lipstick and then go to some other store to buy Melissa some shoes or something. He was still deciding. 

He walked to the cash register, which was in the back of the store. He lightly tapped his fingers against the white counter until he saw someone coming from the back. He was surprised to see a guy come to the register. 

"Oh, Hi," The man grinned, showing off his deep dimples. "You're buying this lipstick, right?"

"Yeah. . ." Niall felt suddenly breathless. He was staring at the cashier's lips. They were a beautiful, perfect pink color and looked so soft, and plump. They were shaped perfectly. The man's lips combined nicely with his face. A perfect nose, the cutest dimples ever. Long, luscious hair that curled itself down to the shoulders, and perfect green eyes to match. And British. 

The definition of a English Rose. 

"Wait," Niall blurted out, making the man stop from scanning the lipstick. "I think I might want to change my product."

"Oh, alright." The man put the lipstick in a basket that was on a table behind him. "Anything that I could help with?"

"What kind of lipstick are you wearing?"

"Who? Me?" The man seemed surprised. 

"Yes, you sweetheart," Niall smirked, seeing the light blush that rose upon the man's cheeks. He was adorable. Niall drifted down to check out his name tag, Harry. Niall tilted his head, waiting for Harry to answer. 

"I'm not- these are their natural color," Harry ran his thumb across his bottom lip. Niall bit his lip, loving the way his lips returned back to their plump state. 

"Aw, shame. I guess I'll buy the product I had before. I just really love the color of your lips," Niall stared at Harry's eyes. The icy blue color of Niall's eyes making Harry shiver. 

"Oh- um, okay," Harry retrieved the lipstick and scanned it. After scanning it, he told Niall the price, which by the way was $21.98. Niall grabbed the shiny, black bag from the counter and winked at Harry before walking out of the store. 

While Niall waited for a cab, he made a mental note that he would come back to the store. 

And it wouldn't be for more lipsticks. 

~

Ahh! Oh my god first chapter yas. 

This story was inspired by my all-time favorite narry fanfic, Awkward by hotteas. I love that story too much okay. I have read soo many narry fanfics but that will always be my fav. 

Yes I am sad that the author decided to leave Wattpad, I am heartbroken but as long as the stories are still up, I will cope. I just love how they write and their ideas. LOVE IT. Their sense of humor is on point. Honestly, fuckin goals.

-Skyxo