~17~

The air was chilly as Niall got out of the taxi along with Melissa. They arrived at the airport and took their suitcases inside with them. It was a few days before Christmas. The plan was for Niall and Melissa to go to Ireland for those few days.

The day before Christmas was also booked so Melissa could go spend it with her family in Australia and Niall would stay in Ireland with his. Afterwards, they would both fly back to New York before New Years. 

Niall walked through the airport, following Melissa around and letting her do all the preparations. He looked around the crowded airport where people were arriving and leaving. Some people were embracing each other, laughing, while others just walked by, minding their own business. 

"Niall, come on," Melissa said. She didn't look at Niall but instead kept walking forward. Niall knew she was still a bit angry because of their fight and also because he was too 'busy' yesterday to spend it with her. 

He told her that he was too busy organizing his schedule to make the holiday break longer when in reality he was at home. With Harry. 

He felt bad, he really did. But he also felt happy with Harry. 

-x-

Harry laughed. His laughter bounced off the walls of the large living room. His hands were wrapped around a white mug with a black snowflake on it. The beverage inside was hot chocolate with 2 marshmallows. 

He was dressed in a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants. His hair was softly falling down on his shoulders, his face expression was full of delight and his spirits were high.

The room was dark except for the light coming from the windows, from the moon, and the light from the plasma TV on the wall. 

"I love this part," Harry said to Niall as he looked up at the screen. Niall wanted to see what part Harry loved about the movie but he couldn't get his eyes off Harry himself. He was just so effortlessly beautiful. It amazed Niall. It really did. 

Harry knew Niall was leaving the day after. Niall was the one that suggested having a night in before he left for Ireland for 2 weeks or so. Harry was flying out too, just 2 days after Niall would leave. So this was their little 'see you later'. Of course, they would still text, call, face time, everything. 

But that wouldn't compare to having each other in the flesh. 

Harry drank from his hot chocolate, chewing on a marshmallow. Niall looked away towards the screen, seeing the main couple laughing at something that must have happened a few minutes ago. 

"When are you going to be back?" Niall asked.

Harry shrugged. "I don't know yet. Maybe about the same time as you? I just know I will be back before New Years."

Niall nodded, shifting around in the white couch to get into a better position and making sure Harry's legs didn't fall off his lap. They were both under a large, warm fluffy blanket in comfy clothes, drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows while it snowed outside. It was perfect. Too perfect. 

Harry suddenly snorted and chuckled, his eyes practically glued to the screen. "I cannot believe he just did that."

Niall watched the movie for a few more minutes, a bit envious of how the couple could express their love while he was too tied down to do so. 

When the couple in the movie finally confessed their 'undying love for each other', Niall glanced at Harry once again for the hundredth time. His mug was on his lap as his gaze was still on the screen. His lips were pursed together, the corners of his mouth were slightly upward to create a faint smile on his lips. His eyes looked like they were twinkling but it was actually the light from the TV. 

Lipstick [Narry-EDITING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें