~5~

"Would you mind telling me why you smell like perfume?"

Niall felt himself panic a little. He had forgotten to take a shower to wash away the smell of perfume because he knew Melissa would notice and question it. He doesn't know why it slipped his mind, honestly.

Well, maybe he does.

Maybe it was because of a certain man with beautiful lips that had something to do with the scent.

-x-

It all happened earlier in the day when Niall went to Pretty to pay a visit to Harry. When Niall entered the calm, almost empty store, he immediately spotted Harry. Harry's back was facing Niall. Niall quietly walked towards him, noticing he was writing on a clipboard on top of the counter.

It was probably work related. Either way, that wasn't Niall's main priority.

He silently crept upon Harry. He waited a few seconds, making sure Harry was deeply concentrated. When he counted to 5, Niall grabbed Harry's hips and pulled him backwards. Harry gasped and stumbled backwards, dropping his pen and his back bumping against Niall's chest.

Harry put his hand over his chest, above his heart as he felt Niall's chest vibrate from his laughter. Harry was shocked and his heart was thumping at an irregular speed. And maybe it wasn't only because Niall had scared him.

Harry turned around, Niall still somehow managing to keep hold of hips. Harry looked up at Niall and glared at him, slapping his chest. "How dare you! You scared me half to death."

"Aw, I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" Niall smiled, pulling Harry a little closer. Harry blushed, looking around and pulling away from Niall shyly. Niall glanced down, looking at Harry's pen which had rolled in front of his feet.

Niall got down on one knee and picked it up. Harry—curious to see what Niall was doing now— looked down and saw Niall give him a cheeky smile while holding up his pen.

Harry gave a laugh and took his pen back. "Get up Niall. The floor could be dirty."

Niall slowly rose from his positioned and continued to smile at Harry. Harry walked around the counter and Niall took the time to look around the store. There were a few costumers browsing around, absolutely ignoring Niall and Harry. Which was beyond fine.

"So, what's new?" Niall asked, putting his arms on the counter and leaning closer to Harry's face. Harry, unaware of Niall's actions, was writing down final details on the paper in the clipboard. When he finished, he put it away and walked towards the perfume section of the store.

Niall followed, a bit confused.

Harry tapping his chin lightly with his index finger as his eyes scanned the shelves that were full with rows of different bottles of perfume. He finally picked out two small plastic bottles. One was silver and the other was was mixture of blue and purple.

Harry turned to Niall, smiling innocently as he held up the bottles to him. Niall rose his eyebrow, still confused.

"Pick one, take a lucky chance," Harry laughed.

Niall decided to go with the purple-blue bottle. Harry put back the silver bottle and opened the purple-blue one. He sprayed some on his wrist and sniffed it. He nodded to himself, satisfied with the smell.

"Close your eyes," Harry said.

"What? No way," Niall crossed his arms and shook his head. He tried not to let those dimples of Harry's get to him. It was turning out to be a real inner battle.

"Oh come on Niall, close your eyes," Harry continued.

"No."

"Okay, fine the—what's that?" Harry's face turned serious as he leaned to his side to look past Niall. Niall, worried that something was wrong, turned his head and looked for what Harry was looking at. By then, it was already too late.