~29~

Niall sat at his desk, his eyes glued on his computer screen. He was currently writing an email to send to Adidas for the meeting that will be scheduled around March because of business he had to attend to in February. 

He was fairly busy at the moment but that didn't stop him from silencing his phone. 

When it rang, Niall quickly took it out, expecting it to be someone else rather than Melissa. He wished he could end things right there and then but there are obstacles in the way. He still needed to handle her modeling audition and his mother with her daydreams of her son getting married to someone he didn't even love. 

"Hey Melissa," Niall said in a none-emotion shown tone. Ever since that night, he hasn't even tried to contact Melissa. The morning after was surprisingly not awkward. Melissa was gone and Niall was alone in bed. It was weird but Niall was still full of regrets. Its been eating him up lately. 

"Niall!" She said cheerfully. "I just wanted to know if you started to plan our week to L.A."

Niall frowned. "You know about that?"

"Of course," Melissa replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "They called me the day after Christmas. They said they had informed you about it too."

"Oh," Niall cleared his throat. "Well, yeah, I'm starting to plan everything. I just need to look at a few more things and then clear my schedule for at least 3 weeks. There's nothing eventful happening the first week of February, right?"

Niall took out his planner and looked at his schedule on the first week of February. He had a few calls and letters to write but other than that, he didn't see anything that he couldn't possibly move for another day.

"I don't believe so," Melissa responded. "Anyway, I'm really excited! I can't thank you enough."

"You should thank Louis too," Niall said while putting his planner away. "He gave me the connections and he taught you well."

"Yeah. . ." Melissa trailed off. "I'll be sure to thank him too when I can. I have to go but I'll call you soon. Bye! Love you."

Niall tried not to wince at the last two words Melissa said. It used to be so normal for him to reply the same two words back but now. . . now it felt wrong. 

"Yeah, me too. Bye."

The call ended and Niall put his phone down on his desk. He stared at it for a bit longer. He needed to do something about this so-called relationship with Melissa soon. He may have wanted to love her before, to truly deeply want her, but somebody else is now in his life. 

"Knock knock," Harry had suddenly opened the door slightly, peeking his head in. 

Niall looked up at Harry and smiled. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at work."

Harry walked inside, closing the door softly behind him. While walking towards Niall, Niall noticed Harry was holding a cardboard cup holder with two coffees sitting diagonally from each other and a small white bag.  Harry moved around Niall's desk to get closer to him, stopping to put the small white bag and the cup holder on Niall's desk. 

"I'm on my break. Just wanted to come see you."

"Oh, come here," Niall quickly said, pulling Harry on his lap. Harry stumbled on top of Niall and wrapped his arms around Niall's neck securely. 

"This is. . .interesting," Harry mentioned, his cheeks turning red and not from the cold this time. 

Niall leaned towards Harry, aiming for his lips until Harry's index finger stopped him. Niall pulled away and rose his eyebrow, wondering why Harry had stopped him.