~30~

"Oh! I think I see them," Melissa said. She rose her hand in the air and started frantically waving at a couple in the distance. Niall scanned the crowd until his eyes were met with blue eyes similar to his. His father smiled, tapping his wife's shoulder and gesturing towards Niall and Melissa. 

Niall took a deep breath as he watched his parents approach him and Melissa through the crowded airport. 

"Hi baby," Maura coo'ed, bringing her son into a hug. Niall greeted both his mum and dad. Of course he smiled at them, but that smile was partially forced. He had a gut feeling that his parents came to visit for something drastic. Something bad. And Niall didn't want whatever his parents came for to intervene with Harry. 

He was given one last chance and this time he was not going to lose Harry.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Horan," Melissa giggled, giving them both quick hugs. "I can't believe you're actually here."

"Well, I was going to return anyway to check up on how Niall was handling the company over here. I know I've been quite busy with business overseas but," Bobby sighed. "There's always room for a break."

"Everything has been going fine," Niall cleared his throat. "I've been working on the Adidas project I told you about, dad. And then there are some small side projects I'm trying to get to."

"It's good to hear son."

"Less business talk," Maura said as they started walking. Niall took care of his mum's bags, a little bit frightened on how much she packed. They never did tell him how long they were going to stay in New York. If they stayed longer than a week, it can basically guarantee problems. 

"Tell me, how have you two been?" Maura asked, looking between Niall and Melissa. 

Melissa clasped her hands and looked up at Niall with a big smile. "We've been fine. We went through a rough phase but I think we are pretty much past that, right?"

"Oh, um. . . yeah," Niall spoke, unsure. He hasn't stop hating himself for sleeping with Melissa. It was already hard enough being around her, let alone around his parents and her. 

"I see," Maura said quietly. 

Melissa and Maura continued to talk as Niall and his father tag along just a bit behind them. His father was quiet for a moment and Niall tried to think of something to talk about. He knew it had to be something business related because Niall really wanted to impress his dad on how he was handling the company. 

"You seem different," His father noted. 

"Just a bit tired. I've been working hard is all."

"No," Bobby said in a more quieter and sterner tone. "Something is on your mind. I know it. And it's not the business, son. Something else is taking up your mind."

Niall thought of Harry before shrugging. "I don't know what you mean."

"Yes you do," Bobby stopped and watched Maura and Melissa continue walking before looking at his son. "I know that look. I know this whole. . .vibe you're letting off. I know because I've been there."

"You have?" Niall frowned. They started walking again to catch up with the ladies.

"Yeah," Bobby smiled. "Believe it or not, I was in your state when I was in love with your mother. But at that time I was dating someone else and it just had me conflicted. I didn't know what to do."

Niall's eyes widened. "Oh, I didn't know that."

"Yeah. I was young and in love. I did a lot of reckless things but I'm not disappointed with the outcome," Bobby continued to speak. "I know that you had to take on the business to early on but son, sometimes you need to live a little. It scares me that you forced yourself into adulthood once you barely entered the age."

Lipstick [Narry-EDITING]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara