~7~

"New scarf?" Melissa asked as she held up a thin grey scarf with a pattern on it. 

Niall stared at the piece of clothing in Melissa's hand, knowing very well it wasn't his. His mind seemed to go blank as he tried to come up with something quick.

"Uh. . . Not really. Just found it in the back of my closet," Niall partially mumbled, sighing quietly hoping that Melissa would believe him.

"Oh, it doesn't seem like your type of style," Melissa inspected the scarf. "Maybe you should let me borrow it, it's cute."

Niall got up from his couch and walked over to Melissa, taking the scarf out of her hands. Melissa looked at Niall with a surprised face, not really expecting Niall to do that. 

"It's um, special. I'm going to put it away," Niall walked into his room, not a second glance at Melissa. He closed the door behind him as he delicately laid the scarf on his bed. He stared at it intensely, as if it would poof away in a second.

He let out sigh after a while, sitting on the bed and taking the scarf in his arms. He didn't know how to describe it but he felt. . . Harry. His presence, his vibe. How can you put this into words? It brought him some sort of comfort that Harry would give, even though Harry wasn't here.

"Not your type of style," Niall jokingly mimicked Melissa as he stood over his dresser, tucking the scarf inside. He decided he would give the scarf back to Harry. It didn't surprise him that he forgot about it. He brought it home wrapped around his neck and he didn't even notice then. 

Harry had wrapped it around him on their way out of the park last night. They were playing around, pushing each other and bumping against one another. They laughed and joked. Niall had shivered and Harry noticed. He took his scarf off and wrapped it nicely around Niall's neck. 

It took everything Niall had to not to grab Harry by his hips and kiss him hard on his devilish pretty lips.

When Niall came out of his room, Melissa was on the couch, flicking through channels as she put a fresh coat of clear nail polish on her already painted nails. Niall inhaled the odor of the nail polish, not liking it very much. 

"Mel, I told you already that the smell gives me headaches," Niall said, walking over to the couch and sitting back in his spot, grabbing his laptop from the coffee table and putting it on his lap.

"I know, I just thought you would be in your room a bit longer," Melissa replied, not bothering to look at Niall and continued with her nails. 

Niall rolled his eyes and shook his head, going back to his laptop where he was reading his emails.

-x-

"What time did you get here last night?" Harry asked as he set down a glass cup of water on the coffee table next to the couch where Liam was trying to get a few more minutes of sleep.

"I don't know," Liam groaned. "I just remembered coming here and feeling completely knackered."

Harry chuckled. "Well, you did want to go out partying."

"It was a great party. I wish you could have been there. You need to have time off to relax," Liam drank almost the whole glass of water when he sat up. Harry rubbed his arms, feeling a bit cold. 

The party did sound fun but Harry had a lot more fun spending that time with Niall. He still wasn't sure how he felt with Niall having a girlfriend. It just came up so suddenly, Harry almost didn't see it coming. Almost. 

"I'm going to make breakfast," Harry said, grabbing the empty glass from Liam and going to the kitchen. He heard Liam follow closely behind him. Harry put the glass in the sink and started taking out the needed ingredients. It was very silent for a moment.