~31~

It's been two days since Niall has contacted Harry at all. Harry has been waiting for a text or a call, or something. He can't seem to stop checking his phone every two minutes in case he misses a message or a incoming call. He shouldn't be worrying so much but he is. 

Can you blame him? Niall and him just went through a tough time and his girlfriend is still not out of the picture. 

Liam watches Harry go into the kitchen and later comes out with with a glass of water in one hand and his phone in the other. 

"Harry?" Harry's gaze slowly tears apart from his phone screen and looks at Liam. "Can you come here for a second?" Liam pats the spot next to him on the couch. 

"Yeah," Harry responds, looking at his phone once more before turning it off. He sets his glass down on the coffee table and sits sideways to face Liam. The TV's volume was now on a low setting as Liam began shifting around in his spot to face Harry. 

"Still nothing?" Liam asked on Niall's status of contact. 

Harry sighed and shook his head. 

"He could be busy or something. He does run a company, doesn't he?"

"Yeah," Harry said. "I just wish he could just check up on me or something. I know it sounds selfish but. . ."

"Are you sure about this, though?" Liam looked down at the floor as he spoke the question that has been running around his mind ever since he found out about the affair happening between Harry and Niall. 

"Am I sure about what?"

"About Niall. Are you sure you really love him? Is this what you really want?"

"I'm pretty positive that I love Niall. But I don't want this," Harry shook his head as he continued to speak. "I want us to be able to be together without hiding."

"So. . .Niall has no feelings whatsoever to this girl he is with?"

"I-um. . ." Harry hesitated. Louis has told him various times that Niall doesn't really want to be with Melissa but Niall has never said it himself. Niall never told Louis about him and Harry's relationship either so what are the odds that maybe Louis was just assuming. "I'd like to think he doesn't."

"You aren't sure?" Liam was surprised.

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "Louis said Niall doesn't but Niall never said it himself. We never really talked about her. Or us, for that matter. I-I don't know. Why are you asking me this, Liam?"

"Harry, I just want you to know exactly what you are doing. Now, this isn't meant to offend you but you have a habit of sometimes falling in love and doing things blindly without seeing the whole picture," Liam stated. "You just have really strong emotions, which is a good thing, but it is also bad because it can cloud your judgement."

"Oh," Harry said quietly.

"I'm just looking out for you," Liam grabbed the remote control for the television and started raising the volume on the TV slowly. "You've had pretty messy break-ups in the past but I just have a feeling that this one could be your ultimate downfall."

Harry processed what Liam told him.

He didn't say anything else after that. 

-x-

"Mum, what are you really doing here?" Niall asked, with a bit of a harsh tone. He had pulled his mother away from Melissa's fitting for her gown. Apparently it was for some event his mother and father were hosting for the company. 

"What are you talking about?" Maura asked, a bit taken back by her son's tone.

"I know very well you have something up your sleeve," Niall said. "Otherwise, you wouldn't have been so. . . restricting with me being with you at every second of the day."