~39~

Niall stopped by his dad's office located in their quarters in Ireland. The clock struck 9 and Niall decided it would be best to leave already. He popped his head inside his father's office and rushed out a quick half-hearted goodbye before walking back into the hallway and making his way down.

When they got back to Ireland, Niall decided it would be a good idea to stay somewhere else other than his parents' house. His mother and father tried to persuade Niall into coming to stay with them but Niall wouldn't budge. 

He wanted to make sure his parents knew that even thought he came back with them, he still wasn't going to forgive them so easily. So he opted to stay in a hotel for the meanwhile.

Niall walked through the building's parking lot until he found his car. He opened the door and got inside, putting his jacket in the passenger's seat and started the engine of the car. 

He remembered the streets of Ireland like the back of his hand. It was hard to forget the place he grew up in and eventually left behind. 

Niall heard his phone ring of a new notification. Lately, every time his phone would ring or buzz, Niall would feel his chest fill with dread. He had a good idea of who it could be. Either Louis, or possibly Liam. Maybe even Harry. Harry, whom Niall had left behind in New York. 

He never answered or even looked at the messages and voicemails. He couldn't bring himself to do it. He hated to admit it but he was a coward. He didn't know exactly how to handle his life when the control was given to him. He had been under his parents' control for too long that he couldn't live his life.

He didn't learn how to handle these things.

He didn't learn many life lessons growing up and it scared him. It frightened him that he could do something wrong and ruin everything. Because he didn't know what was the appropriate thing to when times were critical. 

He doesn't know how to live

Niall parked his car in the hotel's parking lot and climbed out, taking his jacket with him. He went up to his room and threw his stuff to a nearby chair once he was inside. He let out a huge sigh and glanced at the clock which read past 10 PM. 

Niall walked around his apartment and began to unbutton his shirt. 

He was 2 buttons down when there was a knock at the door. 

Niall quickly walked towards it to open it.

It was probably his mother or father coming to coax him into coming home. Niall wishes they would just give up. He needs time away from them and away from everything. He wants to be alone. To be sad alone. He doesn't want anyone at the moment. 

Absolutely nobody-

Niall's eyes widened when he had opened the door. "I-. . .Harry?!"

-x-

A few days before, when Lacey came to visit and Liam went out to get food, Harry got an unexpected visit. 

Lacey and Harry were watching the TV in comfortable silence when there was knocking on the door. They both turned their heads to the door and saw the knob turn but since it was locked, the knob was not able to open. 

"It's probably Liam. He must've forgotten his keys," Harry looked up at Lacey who started to get up.

"I got it," Lacey said before Harry could prevent her from opening the door. She moved around the coffee table and walked towards the door. She unlocked it before opening it, ready to see Liam. 

But it wasn't Liam. 

"Oh, hello," Lacey said to the man in front of her. His light blue eyes looked at her in confusion. Lacey didn't recognize the man in front of her but she felt her heart drop when she saw the person who was with the man.