~9~

"Harry and I will wait for you by the entrance," Lacey told Liam as she helped him balance the clothes in his arms. Liam nodded and headed to the registers with the pile of clothes he wanted to buy. Lacey and Harry both walked towards the entrance quietly. Its been a long day.

"I didn't get to see who you were with exactly but was it that blond that often comes to see you at work?" Lacey asked Harry. Harry's gazed fell to the ground. He couldn't seem to stop replaying the moment Niall intertwined their hands together. What exactly did that mean?

Harry was confused. Niall told him he had a girlfriend but he doesn't act like it. All those little gestures, making Harry blush and breaking the barriers between friendship and romance. He was frustrated. He wanted to know what Niall was thinking, what he meant by those gestures. 

"Yeah. We just said hey each other, kept it simple," Harry shrugged. Lacey crossed her arms across her chest as she looked up at Harry. She knows she isn't as close to Harry as Liam is, but it wasn't hard to connect the few dots given to her. 

"Was someone calling for him?" Lacey continued questioning. She was trying to read Harry, to see what he was feeling. 

"Yeah. I think it was his girlfriend," Harry trailed off. "I could be wrong though, he didn't say anything. He just left."

"Are you okay with that?" Lacey looked at Liam in the distance - who was now getting his clothes scanned. It was better to keep this conversation between them for now. "With him having a girlfriend?"

"It's not really my place to say anything about that. I mean, I just met him after all," Harry lightly chuckled. 

"You don't need to necessarily say anything. It's what you feel. It doesn't matter how long you've known him, it's sometimes hard to control your own feelings. Once you fall, you crash or you land on your feet. But that's yet to be seen."

"How long have you been this wise?" Harry joked, lightly shoving Lacey.

Lacey laughed. "I'm not wise. I've just learned from experience."

Harry stared at Lacey for a moment. He wondered what Lacey meant by that. What kind of experience has she been through? It has to be similar to Harry's situation because her words fit perfectly in what Harry might be feeling. 

"Where to now?" Liam suddenly came up to them, a shopping bag in his hand. He was oblivious to the situation, but that was okay. Harry would tell him at some point. He just wasn't sure where he stood with Niall right now. 

"I'm really hungry, I suggest we go to the food court because I will die if I don't eat something," Lacey said. Harry and Liam both nodded and followed Lacey to the food court. 

Harry kept an eye out, to see if he could possibly see Niall again. And maybe his girlfriend as well. 

Unfortunately, Niall was nowhere to be seen.

-x- 

"I'm not doing it!" Louis was closed to shrieking. He kept tugging his arm to pull away from Niall's gripped but it was harder than it looked. Niall was trying to pull him into the building where he worked at, where Melissa was currently waiting in his office. 

"Louis, please. For me?" Niall continued to plead. 

"This isn't going to benefit you, it's going to benefit her. I rather get ran over right now then be in the same room as her," Louis slowly stomped his way farther and farther from the building, forcefully pulling Niall with him. 

"Louis, I'm begging you here. You already know what it takes to be a model and you can help Melissa learn something," Niall said. 

Louis rolled his eyes and finally stopped resisting. "Fine. Just know that I am not going to make it easy for her."