~18~

"I'll see you soon guys. Goodbye," Harry said, hugging Liam and Lacey. They all embraced each other in a group hug before letting go. Liam and Lacey waved as Harry got inside the taxi, closing the door and giving them one last wave before the car took off. 

Harry sighed, turning around in his seat and taking out his phone. He turned it on to see if he had any messages. Messages from a certain someone really. Unfortunately there wasn't any recent ones. 

It seemed that Niall has been busy for the last few days or so. The last text Harry had gotten from him was a message telling him that Niall had landed in Ireland. Harry was still unaware that Niall had taken his girlfriend with him. 

Even so, Harry still came to an understanding that Niall might be busy with his family and that was okay. 

He's been thinking about the situation a lot. About Niall, about his girlfriend, about the unspoken feelings between them. He wasn't oblivious to it all entirely. There was a bit of stress that came to Harry when he thought about it. 

It shouldn't be this way. Harry wondered so badly why Niall was still with his girlfriend. He wanted to know if Niall has feelings for both him and his girlfriend. 

The memory of seeing Niall's actual girlfriend came into Harry's mind every single time. He wasn't sure if he was competing for Niall's love or if Niall's love was already taken and he was just on the side. Which one would be worse?

Putting the thoughts away, Harry typed a quick text to his mum, telling her he was on his way to the airport before resting his head on the cold, hard window of the car. 

He watched the snow breeze by, wondering if he should text Niall too. After a few minutes of thinking about it, he decided a quick text wouldn't hurt. 

So he turned back on his phone and looked for his contact. 

-x-

Niall was taking a stroll in the garden in his parents' house when his phone rang in his pocket. He stopped walking and took it out, looking at the new message that brought a smile up to his face. 

He missed Harry. A lot. 

He missed him more now than ever since he was miles away from him instead of a few streets.

Niall sent a reply, telling Harry to stay safe and to call if anything happens. 

"There you are!" A voice came from behind Niall. Niall turned off his phone and slid it into his back pocket, turning around to see his mother coming towards him. Niall smiled at her and brought her in for a hug. 

"Hey mum. Everything okay?" He asked. 

"Everything's fine dear. Dinner is almost ready," Maura said. "Melissa just went out and I found it strange you weren't with her. Is everything alright between you two?"

Niall sighed deeply, nodding his head. "Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"This might be me just thinking into things too much but. . . you both seem distant from each other. I know you love each other very much which is why it worries me."

Niall nervously chuckled, feeling that sickening feeling in his chest. He was lying to his mother's face. He didn't really love Melissa. He did love his mum, which is why he was with Melissa in the first place. 

"You shouldn't worry. Everything is okay."

"If you say so," Maura patted his shoulder. "I just want you to be happy. But I also want you two to speed things up, you know? I'm not getting any younger and well. . . you are already working with your father with the company and-"