~28~

"It's bloody freezing," Louis said, shivering. He was puffing warm breathes into his cupped hands, rubbing them together to create some sort of warmth in them because he was completely losing the sense of touch in his hands. It was so cold that it made his hands so numb he could barely move them.

"You should have brought gloves," Liam chuckled, calmly strolling by the smaller boy's side. 

Louis rolled his eyes and huffed. "I should have, but I didn't."

Liam slowed down to a stop, Louis cautiously following. Louis was about to question why they stopped when Liam took his hands out of his pockets. He took off his gloves and handed them to Louis, who became suddenly quiet. 

"What are you doing?" Louis asked, staring at the gloves. 

"I'm letting you borrow my gloves," Liam smiled, his eyes crinkling in a cute way. "My hands are warm enough already and if I get cold I'll just stuff them in my pocket."

Louis opened his mouth to reject the offer but then closed it slowly. He was considering it. His hands were surely numb and cold, probably close to falling off already. And it was Liam's gloves too. They might be a little bit big on Louis' hands but that was beside the matter. Louis needed to get his hands some warmth. 

And also because they were Liam's gloves. 

"Thanks," Louis smiled, taking the gloves from Liam and sliding them on his hands. He had to pull the gloves up his wrist as much as he could to try to fit them on his smaller hands. His fingers didn't reach the ends of the gloves but that was okay because they were warming up already. 

"I was wondering. . ." Louis said as his fingers move so they wouldn't get stuck frozen. "How's Harry? I thought you would be with him today."

"He's at work," Liam responded. "He didn't want to miss anymore days so he hauled himself out the door."

They started walking again. 

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Louis questioned. He wondered if Niall would go in search for Harry at work again which worried him. He doesn't know who he was more worried of, Niall or Harry. 

Liam shrugged, not really thinking much into it. "He'll be fine. He can handle himself."

-x-

They were lucky that it was a slow day at Pretty. Harry was moping everywhere, dazing off into space and staring sadly at nothing. His co-workers didn't say anything much. They minded their own business and left Harry alone. 

"Harry," Lacey sighed. It was already maybe the fifth time Harry zoned out. She waved her hand in front of Harry's face, snapping him out of whatever daydream he had going on. 

"Yeah?" Harry mumbled, rubbing his eyes and standing up straight from leaning on the counter. 

"Maybe you should go home early."

"What? No-"

"Just for today, at least," Lacey said. "You need to rest. You really do look tired."

Harry instantly thought of the scary reflection he saw of himself in the mirror when he was in his bathroom. He was pale white, far from his light tanned skin. There was a reddish color under his eyes with tired, deepened-lines tracing downwards from his eyes. His lips were a pale pink and chapped, his cheeks had no color and his eyes were this dull green - almost grey color. It was horrifying to Harry.

"I'm fine," Harry started walking away from Lacey. He knew he was dazing off, he knew he was a mess. He just didn't want to hear how of a mess he was. He hated that Niall had this effect him. It was because he loved Niall a little bit too much.