~15~

Harry walked around Niall's large apartment. He entered the living room, which was decorated with an expensive taste to it. He glanced at the large, thick curtains covering up a certain wall on the far side of the living room. Harry wondered why Niall always had his curtains closed. 

Nonetheless, Harry pulled the curtains apart, revealing a window wall. The view was amazing, just like the one in Niall's office. Taking in the view, Harry put his hands up to the clean glass. It was pristine, so clean it seemed like it wasn't even there.

He wondered how beautiful New York would look from where he was on New Year's. The date wasn't too far away. Christmas was coming up and afterwards New Years. 

Walking away from the window, Harry continued sliding through the apartment with his socks against the light wooden floor. He did a few spins, trying out how smooth he could slide. 

He fell against the white leather couch when he lost his balance while twirling. Harry decided to stay there as he continued to wait for Niall - who went out to get them breakfast. Harry would've made breakfast himself but he was speechless at the intense moment he had with Niall.

Harry felt himself caring less about Niall's girlfriend, even though he knew it was wrong. Very wrong. 

He wanted to care, to stir away from Niall and do the right thing. That's what his brain told him to do, the smart thing. But his heart yearned for something else. His heart told him to break the rules of love and push pass the thin barriers between Niall and him. 

At this point, Harry would usually try to make a compromise between his brain and mind. But in this situation, Harry felt himself going for what his heart wanted. He just needed a chance. 

A perfect chance. 

-x-

Niall was waiting for his order to be ready when his phone started ringing. He took it out and quickly answered it to quiet it down. 

"Hello?"

"You will not believe what just happened right now," Louis' voice sounded light and excited. Niall had forgotten Louis had some sort of meeting today because of the Burberry photo shoot for next year's clothing line.

"What?"

"One of the photographers I'm working with is," Louis paused. "Hot."

Niall grinned. "Oh, that is exciting. Planning anything mischievous?"

"Not at the moment. It's too soon. For all I know he can turn out to be a complete jerk," Louis sighed. "But anyway, enough of me. How about you?"

"I'm just picking up breakfast to take back home for me and-"

"Melissa. Ugh. I know." Niall could practically see Louis rolling his eyes. 

"No. With Harry."

"Wait, hold on, Harry? Harry as in the Harry that you're having a flaming secret relationship with? That Harry?" Louis sounded way too excited, even though Niall wished what he said could be true. But it wasn't. 

"It's not a relationship. I'm not," Niall lowered his voice. "-cheating."

"Well you can. It's not really cheating if you know. . . you break up with a certain someone," Louis taunted.

"I can't do that," The blond said sadly. He didn't know what exactly he wanted with Melissa but he knew he wanted something with Harry. Harry, who was waiting back at his home in his clothes. Harry, who has Niall's urges going crazy. 

One day, Niall won't be able to control himself and he will full out grab Harry and kiss him. 

Kiss him with burning passion. 

Niall blinked the images of Harry with swollen lips and glowing green eyes away from his mind. He couldn't be thinking of that, not today, especially not where he was. 

"You're an adult, Niall. You don't have to follow your parents' every rule now. Especially when it comes to love," Louis' voice was quiet and soft. Niall felt an aching sadness in his chest but he brushed it away. He told Louis not to worry about anything, that Harry was just a friend.

Then he hung up. 

Right after, his order was done. 

-x-

"This is really good," Harry said, biting another bite into his breakfast sandwich. Both Niall and Harry were sitting in the living room on the white couch. Niall had propped up his feet on the coffee table while Harry settled for crossing his legs.

"I'm glad you like it," Niall said, looking at Harry. "Are you feeling much better now?"

Harry nodded, taking another bite into his sandwich. He took another look around the living room, his stare lingering at the window wall which had its curtains opened. He hoped Niall hadn't mind that he put the window into view.

"You love the view?" Niall asked, noticing how Harry's eyes stared at the window.

"Yeah. You should really open your curtains more often. It's a really beautiful view," Harry looked back at Niall, catching his eye. Niall smiled at Harry because Harry didn't know that the only view Niall needed in his life was him. 

Niall's phone started buzzing on the coffee table's glass top. Niall grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. 

Melissa was calling him. 

It was probably the first time ever that Niall pressed the decline button on Melissa. His finger lingered over the answer button at first but quickly switched to the decline button last minute before it stopped ringing. Afterwards, Niall switched his phone off, tossing it aside. 

He scooted closer to Harry, closing the space between them. 

Harry looked at Niall with a smile.

The smile Harry gave Niall seemed almost as if he knew.

~

I was suppose to publish this chapter yesterday! I don't know what happened haha I'm sorry guys for the delay.

Next week is my last week of school before winter break and my goal is to hopefully complete Lipstick :D.

Love you!

-Skyxo