~2~

"Be careful," Harry said to his coworker who was standing on a ladder, putting up a giant poster near the large front windows of the store. The poster was announcing a new Christmas sale for next week. Harry was told that it would pull in tons of costumers so he needed to be ready for the store to be packed.

"How's that?" Lacey, Harry's coworker, asked. She put her hands on her hips and looked over the poster that was now hanging from some wires connected to the ceiling. 

"Looks great," Harry responded as Lacey climbed down the ladder. She helped Harry take the ladder to the backroom before coming back into the store. It was early in the morning, around 7 AM and they were preparing for opening hours. 

"Is that all we needed to do?" Harry asked. Lacey looked down at her clipboard, biting at her pen. She checked off something on the list and nodded. 

"Next week, Delilah and Connor can set up the new products being delivered for the sale. Our hours might be shortened since the boss said they are going to try and give all the workers hours."

"It's probably because of how many people will come in. Obviously some of us won't be able to handle it," Harry remarked. He recalls some of his coworkers having a bad temper.

"Probably. Anyway, time to unlock the doors," Lacey said, walking away into the backroom. Harry grabbed the keys from behind the counter and unlocked the large glass doors. He turned on the rest of the lights and made sure everything was in place. 

Lacey popped back in, tying her hair in a ponytail and welcomed the first customer of the day. 

By afternoon, Harry was working as fast as he could. 

"Thank you for shopping at Pretty. Just a reminder that there will be a Christmas sale starting next week and there will be tons of discounts you wouldn't want to miss," Harry smiled at the last customer in his line. 

The customer thanked him before exiting the store. Connor, who had come in to start his shift about a hour ago, asked Harry to switch places. Harry nodded, needing a bit of a break and let Connor take over the register. 

Harry walked around the store, asking the costumers if they needed help or assistance. They all kindly rejected except for a group of giggly teenage girls who asked him many questions, most of them not being any way related to the store or its products. 

"Yes, I'm currently single. On another note, I would recommend trying out our new scent Aurora. It's been in high demand lately and it's absolutely wonderful."

"Would you go for younger girls?" They must have been at least 14-15. It was quite embarrassing for Harry. Luckily, Lacey rushed to his aid and told him to go help out more customers. While Lacey dealt with the teenage girls, Harry walked over to the other side of the store, asking a older lady if she needed help. 

"Yes, my daughter has been asking me to get his this new scent, Aurora? Would you mind directing me to it?"

"The stand is right over there," Harry pointed towards the stand where the bottles were down to at least 12 out of the 50 he had put. The lady thanked him.

Harry felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned around to meet a vaguely familiar man. 

"Hey," he spoke, his voice filled with an Irish accent and Harry just blinked. 

"Hi, um, how. . .  how may I help you today?" Harry said, biting his lip. The man intensely stared down at his lips and Harry looked away shyly. 

"Do you know what shade of lipstick your lips would be? Or at least the closet one?" The man asked. 

Harry looked towards the pink lipstick section of the store. He asked the man to follow him and he did. When they got to the lonely section, Harry looked over the lipsticks. He didn't know exactly what shade it would be. He didn't look at his lips daily, which is why he wouldn't know.

"I. . . don't know honestly," Harry looked at the man. The man looked back at him, his light blue eyes were so clear in the bright light of the store. Harry did remember him. He's been thinking about him ever since he came into the store, which was 5 days ago. 

He didn't think the man would ever show up again at the store, but here he was. 

"Well, let me try," The man replied, softly lifting Harry's chin. "You don't mind, do you?"

"No. . ." Harry whispered, blushing. He couldn't find his voice. He was too surprised, caught off guard. He couldn't say he didn't like it, because he did. But it also felt weird. He didn't know what to do.

"The color is beautiful," The man ran his thumb across Harry's bottom lip. His blue eyes looked up, staring right into Harry's. "Just like you."

Harry swallowed. "I-um, thank you."

The man leaned in, his nose almost touching Harry's. Harry had momentarily forgot they were in public, but it didn't matter because there was nobody in the pink section. 

They stayed like that for a moment. Harry swore if the man didn't kiss him, he would. The man was quite attractive, and definitely around his age. 

But instead, the man backed away, taking his hand off Harry's chin. 

"I have to go. I hope to see you again. My name is Niall, by the way. I hope you remember me," Niall smiled at him before turning around and walking out of the store.

Harry took in a deep breathe. It was such a intimate moment. 

He stared at the glass doors, where Niall had walked through. 

I hope you remember me. 

Harry would remember, no doubt. He wished he could've gotten a number, email, or something. Anything, really. But it was too late. 

Niall had said he hoped to see Harry again. Did that mean he would come back? Harry hoped so. The way Niall had made him feel right now was indescribable. His heart was beating hard, his breath was taken away and he felt like it was only them two in the world during their moment. 

Niall was a mysterious guy right now, Harry knew that. He hoped to get more of who Niall was. 

"Harry? Are you okay?" Lacey interrupted him. Harry's attention came back to reality as he looked at her. He smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just organizing," Harry walked away, looking for customers who might need help. 

I hope you remember me.