~27~

"Pizza's here," Liam said, coming into the room with a box, filling the room with the heavenly smell of pizza. Even so, Harry didn't say a word. He continued to stare at the TV screen as Liam put down the pizza in front of him and went to the kitchen to get some plates. 

Harry's eyes were reddish underneath, the color was clearly visible against his pale skin. He was bundled up in some blankets, snuggled against the couch. He hasn't moved much, not even when Louis came to give him a surprise visit. He did talk to Louis and Liam, not really giving them much information on what exactly happened but he gave them enough for them to know he was upset. 

Harry wasn't mad at Louis for telling Liam about what he had going on with Niall. Liam was bound to find out sooner or later. 

After an hour or so of talking, mostly with Liam, Louis had to leave before it got dark. He gave Harry a warm, gentle hug and told him to 'hang in there'. Liam walked Louis to the door, Harry doesn't know what happened between that short moment to bring Liam smiling back into the living room. He decided not to question it. 

"Harry, you're going to eat, right?" Liam asked, poking back into the room. Harry turned his head and nodded slowly. He was upset, yes he was, but his stomach craved for food. 

Harry turned back to the illuminated screen of the TV, trying to pay attention to the channel that was on when he suddenly heard a buzzing sound. Frowning, Harry lowered the little bit of volume that was set to hear the buzzing sound more clearer. 

Harry began looking around him. The buzzing sound was near, very near. 

He kicked off the blankets, only to get his legs tangled within the blankets and ending up falling down to the floor. He heard Liam ask if he was okay. Harry replied with a mumble that even he didn't understand but it still seemed to have satisfied Liam as an answer. 

His cheek was against the cold wooden floor, staring directly under the couch to see the lit-up screen of his phone. 

It stopped buzzing. 

Reaching for it, Harry knew he was going to regret it. Still, his fingers touched the chilly screen and began to slide it closer to him. Once it was out from under the couch, Harry grabbed it with his hand and sat back on the couch. 

He had a few calls and messages from Lacey and some other friends. But there were numerous calls, messages, and voice mails from Niall. Harry's heart raced against his aching chest. Just at the sight of Niall's name made him sad. 

"Okay, so I'm going to run down to that store around the corner because it seems we have ran out of soda," Liam came out of the kitchen, heading straight to the door. He grabbed his jacket, shrugging it on. "Will you be okay until I come back or do you want to tag along?"

"I'll be fine here, thanks Liam," Harry cleared his throat, giving Liam a forced smile. Liam nodded, returning a genuine smile before putting on his scarf and leaving out the door. Harry waited to hear the door lock before he pressed one of the many voice mails Niall left for him. 

"Hi Harry," His voice sounded so raspy and tired. "Where are you? I miss you. I do. I'm sorry for leaving you that night. I wish I could return to it and change it all because I would, in a heartbeat. I just can't live with myself knowing I hurt you."

Harry tried not to cry but it was almost impossible. 

"I just. . . I just care a lot about you, more than I should. I want to be with you but things are. . . things are difficult," There was a pause, followed by a sad chuckle. "Honestly, I wish you could come back to me and slap me or something. I want to feel your anger, because I deserve it, I do."