~32~

Niall sighed as he looked at the spot between his collar bone and neck. There was a small red bruise on the skin. It was small but it was highly noticeable. He doesn't regret not stopping Harry when he gave Niall the hickey but he wished it wouldn't have marked him so badly. 

Luckily, Niall found out that his suit would cover it up. 

It was around 6:30 PM and Niall needed to get ready to head for the event his family was holding at the best banquet around. It was also the event where he would have to get down in one knee and propose to someone he didn't love. 

His father would be coming to get him soon. Knowing Bobby, he is probably following the orders Maura gave him to make sure Niall didn't escape like he did at the fitting for Melissa's gown. 

Niall sat the end of his bed and looked at the suit that was hung up on the far wall in front of him. He glared at it, hoping it would burn and become ashes that would blow away into the air and soon become nothing. 

His thoughts of his hatred for the suit were soon interrupted by his phone ringing. There was a rush of excitement that it could possibly be Harry. But it wasn't. It was Louis. 

"Hey Niall, Liam and I are going to go out tonight and I wanted to ask if you and Harry wanted to tag along?" Louis said through the other line. 

"I wish I could," Niall mumbled. He missed Harry so badly already even though it has been barely a day since he last saw him.

"What? Why can't you?" Louis asked. 

Niall told Louis everything. Of course there were plenty of snark remarks from Louis. He was listening to Louis complain about the life Niall was living until he heard a knock on the door. His father's voice was heard through the door, asking him if he was almost ready. 

Niall glanced at the clock and saw it was fifteen minutes after seven. He quickly said goodbye to Louis and began to get ready. He told his dad that he was too busy on the phone to notice the time, earning a chuckle from his father. 

Niall took a quick shower before started a cycle of running back and forth from his room to the bathroom. 

"Are you ready?" His father finally asked when he saw Niall coming out whilst running a hand through his hair to keep it up. Niall nodded and got his keys, wallet, and anything else he needed. On the way down to the limo waiting outside, Niall felt his phone vibrate. 

He took it out and glanced at the screen, looking at a message from Louis that said 'Hang in there, mate ! '

Niall smiled, thinking it was Louis' form of saying good luck. 

His smile quickly vanished as he got inside the limo. 

-x-

Harry sat on the couch in a large blue t-shirt and grey sweatpants, eating from a family size chip bag and watching the TV.

Meanwhile, Liam was sitting at the dinner table, scrolling down his laptop. 

At around 7:30, there was rapid knocking on the door. Harry quickly sat up and put the bag of chips down, lowering the volume on the TV. Liam closed the lid to his laptop before getting up and walking towards the door. 

The person on the other side continued to rapidly knock until Liam opened the door. Louis would have almost punched Liam in the face if Liam didn't quickly react to the fist that was suppose to knock on the door again. 

"Whoa there," Liam chuckled as Louis apologized. 

"Sorry Li. Is Harry here?" Louis walked inside the apartment and spotted Harry.