Forever

**This is chapter 1 by the way! I new and I don't know how this works quite yet so thanks for being patient with me**

"Grab my headphones would ya?!" I screamed to my dad, who was grabbing the last bit of boxes from inside.

"For some ungodly reason I, Ever Radke, have forgotten my most prizes possession in an empty house! At least I have my book with me or I would have thought I was dying," I said to my dad as he got in the car and handed me my light blue and grey headphones. I plugged them into my 4th generation IPod and hit the ever so magnificent "Shuffle" button. My dad reached his hand around the seat and handed me a bent photo. It was of my mom.

You see, she passed away about a year ago. I folded the photo to the point where it only showed her face and found a place for it in my clear IPod case. I flashed a thankful smile to my dad in the mirror and then turned my attention to my book. It was going to be a long drive to StoneCreek.

I was reading a romance, the only genre of books I ever read. It was called LOST IN THE MEADOW. It was about a girl named Fawn who fell in love with a werewolf dude. I didn't usually fill my head with silly things such as these but I thought I deserved a brake.

I slipped my "I HEART BOOKS" bookmark in it and stared out the window. To pass the time, I tried to identify bird species but after getting only a cardinal and some crow correct, I decided to take a nap instead. I closed my eyes and focused on NEVER SHOUT NEVER singing softly in my ears. Just as sleep was about to take me to a better place, my dad honk at the man in front of us.

"It's a freaking green light!" He screamed, loud enough to penetrate my headphones. I paused my music just in time to hear him sigh. He glanced over at me and I closed my eyes and breathed in heavily, pretending to sleep in fear of conversation. Eventually, It was no longer fake sleep and it became reality.