Chapter 16

Ever's P.O.V

I walked down the stairs slowly, shoving my bangs out of my face. I was wearing a knee length black dress with red flats. My light brown hair was in brushed out waves, it reaching to the middle of my stomach.

Damien was waiting at the bottom of the stairs with his hand held out to lead me to the car. I smiled at him and made a mental note to tell him to wear a tux more often.

Dakota lurked by the kitchen door then looked up at me, his jaw dropping. Damien turned to him and glared at him.

"Might wanna close that thing before you catch flies, huh?" Damien snarled. Dakota snapped his mouth shut but kept staring at me. I averted my attention back to Damien as we walked out to the car.

He opened the door for me then he got into the drivers side and turned on the ignition. Dakota stood in the door way, watching us quietly. Damien took this as an opportunity to annoy him so he lifted my chin up and kissed me.

We pulled out of the driveway and drove to our romantic moonlit dinner date destination.

"You know I love you right? Not Dakota?" I asked.

"Of Course, Ev! I just don't like the fact that he loves you as much as I do.... you know what, scratch that, no one loves you more than I do!" Damien grinned at me then continued to focus on the road.I smiled at him and looked up at the dimming sky.

It was a fifteen minute drive to the romantic moonlit dinner date destination. We pulled over on the side of the road and trudged up the hill to a huge cliff with a very steep drop off. There was a forest at the base if the steep cliff that stretched for miles.

At the very tip of the cliff, I saw a quilt, candles, and a picnic basket. I smiled at Damien and he nodded at me, then I rushed to the set up, him hot on my heels. We sat down and watched the sun set.

I looked over at Damien, his deep brown eyes reflecting the hues if the sky. He looked over at me and smiled.

"You like what you see?" He laughed. I punched his arm lightly and looked back at the quickly darkening sky.

"Hey Damien?" I asked after a while.

"Yes?" He said, not taking his eyes off the sky.

"Will we get married some day?" I asked.

"Of Course. We'll have a small wedding, in the woods. Our closest few friends will come. We'll say our vows then we will run off into the woods and lay in a meadow near the cabin, twilight style." He smiles at me.

"Geez!" I grinned back. "You really have this all planned out, don't you?" I asked.

He smiled at me wildly and laid back in the grass. "I've had it planned since I first turned when I was thirteen..."

"Well, honestly, I never thought about it because I didn't think I would find anybody," I sighed, laying back in the grass beside him.

"Well then it's a good thing you have me, now isn't it?" He said, then poked me in the side and laughed.

"You bet."

After we ate, we decided to go for a walk through the woods below. Damien suggested that we shift and go down the rock side of the cliff.

"Pshh! No way! I came prepared," I said slyly as I took my dress off, revealing a cami and sports shorts. I slipped off my heels and struck a pose for him. Damien grinned wildly as he undressed to the point were he was only wearing a white tee and boxers.

We began our decent down the steep, rocky cliff slowly at first. Then I got a great idea.

"Race ya!" I screamed at Damien then bolted down the rocks at full werewolf speed.

No longer hearing the crashing of Damien's feet behind me, I turned my head ever so slightly to see where he was. I tripped and stumbled almost immediately. Letting out a yelp, I tumbled and rolled over the rocks. My head came down hard on a big rock and I yelped loudly, dazed and dizzy. A searing pain ripped through my head.

Then, suddenly, it all stopped. I opened my eyes that were previously squeezed tightly closed. Damien held me to his chest tightly as he bounded down the side of the cliff. We picked up momentum as he ran.

When we reach the end it'll be fun trying to stop won't it? I said into Damien's mind, knowing I probably sounded as bad as I felt, even telepathically. I could see the pain in his eyes but he pressed on down the cliff.

What? I could hear a painful grin in his words that echoed through my mind, No faith in me? That's not very nice.

I smiled painfully up at him. When we reached the bottom of the cliff, Damien set me down gently, leaning me against a tree. I looked up at him. He looked fine but I could see he was in much pain as I was. He collapsed down beside me and looked over at me.

I shifted, wincing, and faced him.

"Lesson learned... Don't look back when running down a cliff... You'll end up with a concussion and multiple other wounds..." I smiled weakly before passing out.