Chapter 4

Beep! Beep! Be-

I smacked the button on my alarm clock. I rolled over and after five minutes, I convinced myself to get up. I threw on a black tank top, a long red cardigan, some light shredded skinny jeans, and my tennis shoes.

I stumbles to my bathroom and brushed my hair and did my makeup. I ran down the stairs and scarfed my Ego waffles. I ran back up the stairs, brushed my teeth, then ran back down. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door.

Good grief! I do a lot of running in the mornings! I puffed to myself. I started walking in the direction of the school when I heard a car honk behind me. I cocked my head to see Damien in his black convertible.

"What do you want?" I asked him as he pulled up next to me where I was quickly walking on the side walk.

"It looked like you needed a ride," he smiled.

"Well, I don't!" I began to walk even faster.

"But it's gonna rain!" He protested.

"No it's not," I said as I look at the sky, only to see big, puffy, grey rain clouds. Of course it is I spat to myself.

"I'm fine," I mumbled as a couple of rain drops landed on my head.

"Get in," he demanded.

"No!" I yelled.

"Please?" He begged. I looked at the sky, letting a few more rain drops land on my face before I sighed.

"Fine!" I yelled. He got and opened the door for me. I glared at him, closed the door, then opened it again and got in the car. The car ride was silent except for the beating of heavy rain on the window shield.

Out of nowhere, a big truck swerved onto our side of the road. Damien slammed his foot on the breaks but it was too late. The hood of his car made contact with the hood of the truck and I screamed. Then everything when black.

* * * *

My eyes fluttered open and I squinted at the bright sunlight. I rolled over and saw that I was in the middle of the forest. I tried to stand up but I couldn't move. What happened? I felt the presents of someone else.

"Damien?' I called out weakly. I looked to my right and saw a huge dark brown wolf with green and gold eyes emerge from the woods. I didn't scream. I couldn't scream. I didn't feel the need to scream. I wasn't scared.

How you feeling, Ev? I heard Damien's voice echo through my head.

Damien! Where are you? Are you okay?! I sent a brain message back to him, just to see if it would work.

I'm right in front of you and yeah I'm alright. The wolf cocked his head and padded closer to me.

Y- your a wolf? I asked in disbelief.

Yep. Well, a werewolf actually. But that doesn't matter right now. I need to get you to a hospital.

Why? I'm fine. I said. Struggling to move, I rolled onto my side and screamed. I looked at Damien the wolf, tears stinging my eyes. He ran over to me and examined me. Then, he ran into the wood and when he returned, he was human again.

"I think you broke a rib," he said, worry filling his voice.

"No, I'm fine," I said as I got to my feet, only to collapse into Damien's arms.

"No. Your not. I'm getting you to a hospital," he said, picking me up. I winced as her shifted me into a cradling position.

"No please!" I begged, "I- I'm terrified of hospitals..." I said, tears filling my eyes. A gentle but shocked look came over his face.

"Fine. Ok. You don't have to, but you do have to come to my house. My dad is the pack doctor. He can fix you up in no time," he said. I couldn't tell if he was trying to convince me or himself about that.

He walk into the woods, me in his arms, and followed a trail for a little bit until we reached a huge cabin.

"You live here?" I asked, staring at the cabin mansion. He didn't answer. He broke it a sprint, pulling be away from him a little so he wouldn't hurt my rib. I pushed open the door and ran to the living room.

"Welcome home son! What are you doing home so ear-" his father stopped in mid sentence when he saw me.

"Hurry," he said as we sprinted upstairs and entered a room that kinda looked like a doctors office. Damien laid me on the table and squeezed my hand.

His dad pulled up my tank top and looked at my bleeding rib. He grabbed some surgical tweezers and put on some rubber gloves.

"This will hurt but only for a little while," Damien's dad said calmly. He grabbed a small piece of glass with the tweezers and told Damien to hold me down. Damien pushed my shoulders agains the table, careful not to hurt me. Damien's dad pulled out the piece of glass and I screamed. Damien winced at me and kissed my forehead. I relaxed and everything went black again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys sorry for not updating! I will all the time now I promise!!!!