Chapter 7

Authors note is at the top because it is. Sorry for not updating as frequently as you and I want me too. Don't hate me.

EVER'S POV

A firm but gentle hand shook the sleep from my body, crumbling away like sand. My eyes fluttered open to see Damien with one hand on my shoulder.

"We're here," he spoke gently. I rolled over in the passenger side seat of the black convertible then realize what was going on. I rolled back over to find Damien grinning wildly at me,the door already opened. What a gentleman, I thought.

I know I am! I could hear his grin, even though he was speaking in my mind. I smiled and got out of the car, gasping at the view. We were on a cliff, miles of mountains in front of us with a huge waterfall placed scenically in the center of it all. I gasped again as I saw the picnic table decorated with candles and rose petals.

I love it, I sent, preserving the deafening silence. Damien grabbed my hand and lead me to the romantic set-up. We sat down and ate some if the provided food before Damien broke the silence.

"Your gonna turn into a werewolf..." Damien stated, out of the blue. I had wanted to be one since I was a kid, but I didn't think it would ever happen. I knew that they weren't real. But they are.

"When?" Was all I could get out.

"On the day we bond. You will transform at midnight, sealing your wolf and our bond."

"And why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I was scared. That you would reject me."

"You know I wouldn't do that." We sat in silence once more, the eerie stars looming in the misty sky above. Now it was my turn to break the silence.

"How did you know I was your mate?" I asked.

"Well, it was instinct really. I was walking in the hall way looking for a quiet new girl when I came across you instead. 'MINE' my wolf had whispered to me. I couldn't believe it. I found her. I found you." He looked up at me and smiled. All I could think to do was smile back.

We made eye contact and I stood up which caught Damien by surprise. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him up and towards the edge of the cliff. Once we were at there perfect spot, a safe distance away from the edge, I put my hand on his shoulder and kept my other in his free hand. He caught on to what I was doing and put his other hand on my waist. We danced to the sound of the waterfall, the crickets chirping in the night, the breeze on the trees, our heart beats beating in unison.

We danced until the sun began to come up, the sky lighting up a fiery orange. We had danced all night. A couple of nights ago, I hated this boy. But now, I think I'm in love with him. All of the sudden I heard Damien's voice ring out in my head: A couple of nights ago, I fell in love with this girl. And now, she loves my back. I smiled into his chest then realized something. I just read Damien's mind. I stopped dancing and untangled myself from his arms.

"Um Damien?" I said.

"Yeah?" He asked?

"Is it normal that I think I just read your mind?" He stared at me in shock.

"No. This isn't supposed to happen. I knew you were the new Luna but I didn't think this would happen now! Your still human!" He mumble, more to himself than me.

"Hang on what's going on?" I questioned.

"Well, the Luna, or Alpha's mate, usually seals the mating bond earlier than the other werewolves do. I didn't think that this would happen to you because your still human. That means your gonna turn early and have to mate earlier then you would've had to." He said.

"Ok. And should that bother me?" I really didn't see the problem here.

"I just thought you wanted to be with me a while before we had to do that."

"No. It's ok I'm fine with it. Are you?" He asked.

"Of course!" He said, taken back by the fact that I would even ask.

Thank Goodness, I thought. I knew Damien had probably heard that but I didn't care. I just cared about him.

"I love you," I blurted and looked at the mountains.

"I love you too," he said and grabbed my arm, making me face him. I didn't look at him. He lifted my chin up and kissed me softly. Wow. Didn't see that one coming.