Chapter 20

Ever's P.O.V.

Damien hurled himself at me, lightning fast, and pinned me to the ground. I shook hard, trying to fling him off me unsucessfully. He chuckled. "You'll have to try harder than that Kitten." I smiled slyly up at him and an idea popped into my head. I leaned up and kissed him lightly on the lips. He grinned and went to kiss me again but I shimied out from under him and rolled him onto his back, my hand to his throat. "Looks like someone wasn't focusing i see?" I grinned wolfishly.

"Please tell me you won't do that to a real rouge!" Damien jumped up from the ground, brushing off his jeans. "No promises," I said as i turned away from him, laughing. Damien walked up behind me and pinned my arms behind my back, cop style. I whimpered in pain, faking it the best i could. Damien didn't flinch. "I know your faking. I know you too well Kitten!" Damien smiled. I huffed irritantly and pulled away from him. "Now can we work on doing this in wolf form?" I asked impatiantly.

"Hmmm... I guess you ready now... go shift." Damien pointed to the tree at the base of the cabin. I jogged over to it, stripped down, and shifted easily. When i padded out from behind the tree, Damien was nowhere in sight. I sniffed the air and smelled his wolf immediatly. I whipped my head around in time to see a big dark brown wolf charging at me. I leapt out of the way quickly and spun the pads of my paws and snapped for Damien's tail, like he had tought me. I misses by and inch, getting a mouth full of fur in my mouth. I sneezed and shook my head. I whurled around just as Damien's large, dark body landed on top of me. I snapped for his muzzle, my sharp teeth barely grazing his wet, black nose.

I growled and bared my teeth, trying to wiggle free from the weight of his body. I clamped on to his paw and he let out an angry yelp but didnt budge. I bucked back and forth until i was flat on my side. This exposed my soft under belly, a weakness. Damien clawed at my stomach with the pads of his paws so ne real damagewas done. If this were a real fight, i would be dead.

Dakota's P.O.V.

I walked through the woods and watched the ground beneath my feet. I followed the tracks of the unknown wolf to a small pond. The scent was strong, indicating it was fresh. It reaked of a rouge, a large beta, maybe alpha sized male based on the tracks. I walked a lap around the fairly sized pond and found no one. As i turned to leave, i heard a crack of twigs behind me. I whirled around in time to dodge the large stone that whizzed past my ear. The rouge bolted across the small clearing, bounding over logs and large stones. I ran after him, hot on his heals. I bounced on my toes for the top of a log and landed on the rough, pinning his to the ground swiftly.

"Who are you and what do you want!?" I growled ferociously. His face was cover by his hood so i couldn't see his face.

The rouge let out a hoarse laugh that sounded vaguely familiar. "I've heard about your new lassy, Chap. Sounds like a doll from what I've heard. Mind if I borrow her?" As soon as i heard the rouges thick Scottish accent, i recognized him. I pulled down his hood and snarled. "Rodgrick!" Rodgrick laughed, his chest rising and falling in beat with his wheezes.

"Stay away from Ever! Your mate might have been taken from you but mine sure as heck won't! I'll kill you before you even get close!" I growled and punched him hard across his strong pointed nose. Blood poured from his nose and into the dirt beneath him and he smiled psychotically. "She doesn't even love you!" He snirred. I drew my arm back to punch him again when he grabbed a clump of dirt and before i could react, flung it into my eyes. I screamed and rubbed my eyes as Rodgrick flung me off of him. When i regained my vision, Rodgrick was gone, and he was out to kill Ever.