Chapter 10

DAKOTA'S P.O.V

I cradled a passed out Ever in my arms and made my way to her pack house. I could smell the Alpha's scent on her. She must be the Luna then. I frowned at the site of another male with her. No, she isn't my mate, but I feel like she should be. I suppressed the thoughts and pressed on. Once I close enough to the house where anyone inside could smell Ever and I, the Alpha burst through the door and ripped Ever from me. He snarled at me and held her close to him, like I had done. He brushed some stray hairs from her face and looked up at me with a dark look in his eyes. Two twins emerged from the house and one carried Ever into the house while the other draped a blanked over her. I looked back to the Alpha and smiled.

"Who did this?" He growled.

"A rough," I said.

"I'm going to rip its throat out," snarled at the ground and look back up at me.

"Already done."

"So you saved her?"

"Yes."

"Where is your pack?"

"Umm... I don't have one... I'm a rough as well." His expression darkened and his lips began to curl in a snarl.

"I won't be a threat. I swear. My entire pack was killed by roughs. I didn't choose to be one."

"We'll then. In order to thank you for your services, I would like to invite you into ours," he said, obviously reluctant.

"Thank you Alpha. I except your offer," I said, repressing my excitement to be closer to Ever. The Alpha must have noticed because he gave me a strange look. I composed myself the best I could and trail behind the Alpha for a tour of the pack house.

"This is your room," he said, pointing at the rather large room at the end the the last hallway on the third floor. I nodded and opened the door, walking over to the bed. When I looked up, the Alpha male had gone. Probably with Ever... I grunted and pushed the thought out of my mind.

EVER'S P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open to see a worried Damien staring at the ground, head in his hands. I tried to shift into a sitting position but I just gasped from the pain in my side. Damien's head shot up and his hand was in mine in an instant.

"Are you ok?" he questioned, uncovering me and checking me over, most likely for the 6th time.

"Yeah, I guess. What happened?" I asked.

"You were attacked by a rough...," he sighed, "as soon as I felt that you were in trouble Dakota brought you here."

"Dakota..." I repeated the name. "Where is he? Is he ok?"

"He's fine. you can see him if you'd like," Damien said reluctantly.

"No, no. I'm fine. I was just wondering..."

"Ok," he smiled.

"How long have you been sitting there? How long was I out?"

"About thirty minutes," he said. I looked up at him apologetically but he brushed it off and smiled. I scooted over, wincing a little, and patted the spot beside me. He sat down on the bed gently, being careful not to hurt me.

"Good night," I smiled and rolled over.

"It's Twelve O'Clock in the afternoon," Damien chuckled.

"We'll then, Good afternoon," I smiled as we drifted off into the unpredictable Land of Sleep.