Chapter 6

Ever's POV

I choked on my pancakes.

"Excuse me?! Last time I check, I don't like you!" I spat. I can't believe this guy!

"I know but that's how it works. See, with werewolves, the female mate despises the male mate and the male adores the female. Then, after the bond at the stroke of midnight on the anniversary of the day they met, they fall in love. That's why I love you and you hate me. It's kinda weird if you ask me," Damien smiled and winked at me.

"Number one, I am not your mate.

And number two, do not wink at me," I scolded.

"Yikes kitty cat!" Damien winked again.

I rolled my eyes.

"Does everyone have a mate? I questioned.

"Yes, every werewolf finds their mate eventually but usually they have werewolves as mates but rarely does it happen that he or she is human," he said, staring into my eyes and smiling.

"Then why do you flirt with every girl that breathes if you knew that I would come along someday?"

"So you believe that your my mate now?"

"Answer the question!"

"Because, most of the people in my pack found their mates in middle school but when I didn't, I thought I would never find you. So that was my way of copping with my crazy assumption," Damien looked down at his hands and smiled, "but I did find you."

"So now you aren't a player?"

"It's that what you think of me as?" He made a sad puppy dog face and looked up at me.

"Sorry to break it to you Wolf boy, but that's what everyone thinks," I mumbled.

"Really?" He looked sincerely shocked.

I got up and gave him a sympathetic hug. When I pulled away, he was giving me a your-totally-in-love-with-me look.

"Wipe that smirk of your face before I do it for you Wolf boy," I glared.

"What? This is my face! Like what you see, Kitty Cat?" I just rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom and locked the door. I heard him grunt in frustration when he heard the door lock and when I was sure he was gone I came out. I turned the door knob slowly and pressed up against the door to muffle the sound. I relaxed and leaned against the door when someone grabbed my waist and slung be over their shoulder.

"Gotcha," Damien laughed.

"Ouch!" I yelped, pretending he hurt me. He sat my down and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry!" He apologized.

"Gotcha," I giggled and jumped from his arms an ran in circles around the island, Damien hot on my heals.

"Not funny!" He pouted.

"Yes it is! And I thought you have super speed." I didn't look back when I spoke.

"I do I'm just holding back so it's fair," Damien said.

"Yeah right!" I said as I picked up the pace. I looked behind me, but I didn't see Damien. I faced forward again and saw that he was way in front of me.

"Ok so maybe you were holding back," I panted as I began to slow to a stop. Damien stopped too and he hadn't even broken a sweat. I sat down at the island and placed my head in my arms. I am so out of breath.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked.

"Nothing. I'm just tired," I breathed. He picked me up and carried me to the couch, where he laid me down. He sat down and placed my head on his lap

But I was too tired to move. His dad came down the stairs and I jumped up. I didn't want him to think I had a thing for his son because I so didn't. But it was too late.

"Look at you two! I knew my son would find his mate someday!" He smiled proudly. Then he looked to me.

"I see that you have recover quite well?" Mr. Cross asked.

"Yes, I'm a little soar but that's about it," I smiled.

"That's good," he said. He went in the kitchen and Damien turned to me.

"I'm gonna take you to your house to get something nice on, ok?" Damien stated like I didn't have a choice but to agree with him.

"For what?" I asked. I'm not going down that easy.

"Because we're gonna go someplace special."

"Why?"

"You ask too many questions!" He laughed and pried me from the couch. I slipped my shoes on and we hopped into his convertible.

When we arrived at my house, I was relieved to see that my sad wasn't home. I quickly unlocked the door and Damien and I slipped inside.

"You can sit on the couch and watch tv if you want," I said, setting my backpack on the floor.

"Sure thanks," he smiled. I made my way up the stairs, walked into the bathroom and locked it. I started the shower and stepped in.

When I got out I wrapped up in a towel and opened the door to see Damien at the tip of the steps.

"Jesus Damien! You scared the crap out of me!" I jumped.

"Sorry I was gonna see if you were ready yet but I can tell your not," he said staring at me. Then I remembered I was still wrapped in my towel and my cheeks flushed red.

"Crap!" I shouted and ran to my room. I leaned against the door and sighed. Well I think I might need to get dressed. I sprinted to my closet and looked through my dress section. I went with a gray dress that was longer in the back and shorter in the front. I slipped it on and buckled a thick brown braided belt around the seam.

I dried my hair, did my make up, and chose some gladiator sandals from my shoe rack. I glided down the stair and Damien stared at me.

"What are you gawking at?" I asked him.

"You look beautiful," he stammered.

"Thanks," I blushed. He walked to the door and opened it for me. We got in his car and buckled up.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"You ask way too many questions," he smiled at me and the looked back to the road. Great, I hate surprises.