Chapter 13

Ever's P.O.V

Damien slammed the journal shut and stomped out of the room. I stood to go after him but Mr. Cross stopped me. I sat back down, sighing, putting my head in my hands.

"He needs some time alone," Mr. Cross said slowly, "and so do you, I think." He gave me a weak smile and left the room. When I was sure he was out of werewolf earshot, I let out a scream, yell thing, muffling it with the crook of my elbow.

Are you kidding me!? I have another mate!? What the heck, man! Who even is it? Have I met him yet? Does he know about any of this? Well, who ever it is, they probably feel my extreme frustration right now!

***

Dakota's P.O.V

I sighed heavily, growling quietly to myself, feeling very frustrated. I don't really know why I feel like this but it just, kinda, happened. It feels like its, radiating, in some way... but I don't really know.

I felt a pull toward downstairs so I decided to check it out. Eventually, my "invisible rope" had ended me up in front of an office of types. I put my ear close to the door and listened. I heard a-due to my werewolf hearing- distinctively loud muffled scream come from inside.

I whipped the door open to find Ever with her arm up to her mouth. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled.

"I'm being frustrated! You-"

"Wait. Frustrated?" I cut her off.

"Yeah. Why?" She stared at me in awe.

"We'll I just felt angry all of the sudden and I felt a pull towards this room... where you just do happened to be..." I stared at Ever, confused.

"Ever what's going on?" I asked her sternly, graving bet arm, making her look up at me.

"My other mate..." she breathed quietly.

"Your what?" I gasped.