Chapter 34

Damien's P.O.V.

I dashed through the woods, my feet pounding on the cold, damp earth. I followed Ever's scent back to the ruins of the pack house and watched as Ever, Rie and Jack buried Dakota and said a few words. Rie then took Ever in his arms and flew her into the air while Jack finished burying Dakota. I drew back slightly when he looked in my direction, then shook his head and turned his attention back to his shovel.

Rie and Ever arrived again and stood while Jack, discussing something I couldn't make out. Then Rie and Jack made off towards the skeleton of the pack house and shouldered their way inside, leaving Ever alone with her arms wrapped around herself.

I took my chance and stepped out of the woods, striding towards her. She lifted her head and tilted it, confused.

"What are you doing here?" She asked lightly.

"I had to say goodbye," I sighed quietly.

"Goodbye? Where are you going?" She inquired.

"I'm going to search for a way to get you back," I said, putting my hand on her cheek.

"I remember loving you you know," She said softly, putting her hand over mine. "I remember kissing you. I saw it. But I just don't feel that way anymore."

I dropped my hand and took a step back from her. "You remember?"

"No. I just remember kissing you for what I would assume was the first time. That's it," She said lightly.

"I will find a way Ever. I promise I will," I said and pushed her hair behind her ear. She shuddered under my touch and closed her now miscolored eyes and I took another step back. "Good bye Ever," I whispered and dashed of into the woods.

Ever's P.O.V.

When I opened my eyes, Damien was gone. I sighed lightly and crossed my arms across my chest, thinking. I turned towards the pack house where Rie and Jack had disappeared into to try and find anything that survived the fire. When the came out, Rie was holding a few sketch pads in his hands and Jack had a singed photos.

"This is all we found," Rie said and handed me three sketchpads. I flipped through them and found that they were my sketch pads that I had drawn everyone in. The on dedicated to Rie was intact and so was the one of Dakota. I covered my mouth with my hand as I flipped through its pages, my eyes burning. I looked away from it and closed it quickly, opening the third one.

It contained drawings of Damien. There were drawings of his wolf form, drawings of him sleeping on the couch, drawings of he and I holding hands. I closed it quickly and looked up at Rie, forcing a smile onto my face. "Thanks you," I said softly.

He nodded in response and Jack stepped towards me, handing me the singed photo. I smile faintly at the image. It was a picture of Damien, Rie, Dakota and I dancing in the rain. My arm was around Dakota's neck and we were lined side by side and kicking our legs out. Dakota and Rie were hand in hand, doing what might have been the salsa. I choked out a laugh, trying to hold back tears. With Dakota and Damien gone, it felt like there was a hole in my heart, even thought I couldn't remember Damien.

I sniffled and place the image in m pocket carefully and turned to Rie.

"Let's go to your house," I said softly, my voice shuddering. He nodded and motioned of Jack and I to follow him.

We walked for a good hour or so before we finally arrived at a road. We flagged down a car and got a ride to a corner of a street then walked another twenty minutes to a house. It was a pale tan color with a dark brown roof and maroon shudders and front door. The windows were tall and rectangular, taking up lots of wall space. In general, it was beautiful.

Rie strode up to the front porch and leaned down, grabbing a key from under the welcome mat. He unlocked the door and swung it open, holding it open for us.

"Come on in," He smiled. Jack and I walked in slowly and I looked around, my mouth agape. The entire house looked as if angels decorated it. Pun intended.

The couch was a black velvet and the rug in front of it was a beige color. Paintings of angels covered the walls and the dining room table was a thick stone slab resting on angel shaped pedestals and it looked at if the angels were holding it up. I turned back to Rie in awe.

"You live here?" I gasped.

"It's been a while, but yeah," Rie smiled sheepishly.

"Your house is beautiful," I said breathlessly, looking around.

"Thanks, I used to have a thing for interior design," He shrugged. "Anyway, I'll show you two to your rooms?"

Jack and I both nodded ,dumbfounded and followed Rie down a long hallway. He opened the door to a rather large, dark walled room and pointed. "This will be you room Jack."

Jack sighed and dropped down onto the bad gleefully. He closed his eyes and grinned. "Thanks man," He said to Rie. Rie smiled and waved a hand towards him. "No problem."

I continued to follow Rie down the hall until he stopped in front of another room. He opened the door and I stared in awe. It had wooden palette walls and the bed was placed in the center of the back wall. There was a desk in the corner and a bookshelf in the other, filled to the brim with novels. I spun on my heals and wrapped my arms around Rie thankfully. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist with a smile.

"Thank you Rie. For everything," I said softly.

He shook his head and drew back from me, still smiling. "No need to thank me. I'm just doing my job," He chuckled. I strode over to the bathroom and stepped in, popping my head out momentarily to announce that I was going to shower. I jerked on the water and hopped into it after pealing off my dirty clothes. I let the water wash away the dirt and grim and ever Roderick and my mother's touch. I washed my hair quickly and jumped out, towel drying myself.

I stood in front of the mirror and tilted my head, staring at my eyes. The guys weren't kidding. One eye was gold and the other was hazel. What it meant, I had no idea.

By the way, magic tainted werewolves blood may have healing properties but it will have some... negative effects.

Roderick's words echoed through my mind as I towel dried my hair. What the heck was that supposed to mean? Did it have to do with my eyes? And what about my mom? She said that she would see me again. I shook my head and sighed. I guess my life will never be normal, but hey? What else was new?

____________________________________________________________________________________

This is indeed the last chapter of Forever guys! It's been a long, bumpy ride to this spot but we're here! Thank you so much for sharing the experience of finishing my first story with me! It really means a lot.

Please comment your thoughts, I'm dying to know! Also, check out my other story, Falling Fast! If I can get it to 100 reads, I'll post 3 new stories, including Infinity, the sequel to this story!

Please comment and vote! Thanks for reading!