8.

DJ YELLA IN THE MULTIMEDIA

"Yo how long we gonn' be in here?" I asked the police officer guarding my cell. He ignored me and turnt his head the opposite direction. I sighed and sat down beside Tonya.

"They probably gonn' leave us in here all night" she said. I sighed and laid my head on her shoulder. "I hate the damn police" I mumbled. "Who doesn't?" Tonya asked in a chuckle. "I'm glad you had a fun time though..... While it lasted" She nodded. "Yea.... Yella is real cool" I smirked. "You like him?" She shrugged.

"Lil early for that isn't it?" I rolled my eyes. "But, I do like you and Eric's relationship it's.... Different" I smiled a little. "One minute you can't stand his ass the next minute y'all playing and joking around" I nodded in agreement. "Miss Young and Joyce?" We both looked up. "Y'all free to go" I sighed in relief. We both stood up while the guard that had ignored me opened our cell.

I glared him up and down while we was escorted out the cell room. "There they are!" I looked up and frowned when I seen mama and Ms. Joyce waiting in the hallway. I frowned and looked at Tonya, she had the same worried look on her face. "We'll talk when we get home" My mama said. I could tell by the look on her face she was disappointed in me.

I haven't seen that look since the last time I had got arrested a couple months ago. Since this was my second straw..... It was gonna be 100 times worse this time. They signed us out and Tonya and I made our way home in separate cars. The ride omw home was silent until mama broke it. "I'm so disappointed in you Mimi" I sighed and looked out the window. "But-"

"You hear me?" "Mhm" I mumbled. "You speak when I'm talking to you" I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat not trying to hear what she has to say. She doesn't have time to listen to what I have to say so imma do the same to her.

She parked in front of the house and killed the engine. I stepped out the car and sped walked towards the house when I heard her call my name I kept walking until I got inside, I was omw to my room until I felt a hand grab my wrist and spin me around.

"Lil girl. I know you hear me talking to you" "I heard you, but did you listen to what I had to say? No.

So if your not gonna listen to me I'm not gonna listen to you! I'm not some lil girl you can boss around anymore!" She shook her head.

"You live in my house so you do what I say!" "I'm old enough to make my own choices, I'm not Dre' nor Tyree I am not gonna be under your roof anymore! You can't control me my whole life!" "I don't give a fuck if you fifty years old.

You gonn' do what I tell you to do" I shook my head in disbelief. "So that's why daddy left? Cause your crazy, selfish-" I was cut off by a sharp pain on my cheek. I held my face and looked down at my hand to see blood. A lot of blood. I looked up at mama who's eyes were red and puffy. She pointed at the door.

"Get the hell out" I frowned. "No problem" I turnt on my heels and walked in the bathroom grabbed a hand full of tissue and placed it on my bloody cheek. I walked in my room grabbed one of my gym bags and walked in my closet throwing as many clothes I can find in my bag. I quickly changed my clothes and put on a hoodie and some shorts.

I slipped on my knee socks and put my Tims on my feet. I got on my knee's and pulled out my tiny box I use to put all my money. I grabbed all of it and put them in my bra. I put my hair and a bun then I grabbed my bag and walked in the bathroom grabbing all my hygiene materials.

I ziped up my bag and walked out the bathroom into the front room to see my mom crying on the couch. "I'll be back to get the rest of my stuff. After that you 'on have to worry about me anymore" Before she could say anything I was already out the door and down the street.