48.

the next day......

Mimi

"So what you needed me here for?" I asked. Stephanie took a sip of her drink and looked up at me with a smirk on her face. "So. As you know we sold over ten painting-" "Wait. When?" I asked.

"At the opening. You were there....." I frowned and thought for a minute. "Oh right. Yea" She nodded and pulled out a sheet of paper.

"This is the list of names that bought a painting and the prices" I nodded and took the sheet of paper out of her hand.

I looked at the names and the money they paid for it, I looked down at the total price and immediately melted in my seat. "Is this foreal?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded. "You're on the verge of becoming a millionaire" I smiled and nodded. "Ok, so first things first. I need to put this in a bank account" She nodded and wrote that down.

"I'll write yo check as soon as I know that's done" She smiled and sat her pen on her notepad. "Np boss" I took a deep breath.

"Look, if anything is to happen to me I want all the money for the paintings I sold to go into the same account, and I'll sign yo paycheck on the low" She frowned and nodded.

"You good?" I nodded. "Yea, but don't worry about me. I'll be fine"

Eric

"So the tests should come back within a week. It usually takes a month but I'll make it quick for you"

I smiled and nodded while Jinae' had a stank look on her face.

"Thanks Nurse" I said. She smiled and nodded walking out the door. She started putting Keenan's shirt on mumbling something under her breath.

I smirked. "Don't take it personal" I said. She sighed and turnt her face towards me. "See, now you're just being an asshole" She spat. I raised a brow. "Ion wanna call you out yo name in front of him" I pointed at Keenan. "Idgaf, you a flip flopper"

"Cause I want a DNA test?" I asked. She was silent. "I just thought-" "Thought what?" I asked. "I just thought it was a good thing going with us" I frowned. "I have a girl" She nodded. "I know, but I at least wanna make it work. For Keenan" I sighed.

"No-" "Just think about it. When you get that DNA test back. Think about it" I was silent. She looked at me one last time before putting Keenan in his carseat and walking out the room. I ran my hand down my face and took a deep breath.

Mimi

I took the cornbread out the oven just in time for the bell to ring. I closed the oven and took a long sigh walking to the door. I opened the door without looking out the peep hole and slightly frowned when I saw Eric's mom standing outside.

"Is my son home?" She asked. I sighed and moved out the way letting her walk inside. I closed the door behind her and watched as she walked in the kitchen making herself comfortable on the island.

"He's out" She nodded. "You want anything to drink?" I asked. She stood up. "Nah, let me" I raised a brow and watched as she pulled out the lemonade out the fridge.

"You want any ice?" She asked. I shook my head no and watched as she made two cups of lemonade. Two without ice. She handed me one and leaned on the island sipping her drink. I looked down at my drink and examined it carefully.

"Anything wrong?" She asked with a smirk on her face. "Nah, I was just making sure you wasn't trying to take me out the game" She frowned. "What game?" She asked.