Spirit Traveller-2

The gleaming equipment of Star Labs is beyond anything I've ever seen before!
"I can't believe you have ALL of this!"

Cisco, Caitlyn and Barry grin at each other.
"Hey Barry, can I quit my job and come work here instead!?"

"So you're going to dump me on your very first day?!"

Then Cisco jumps in.

"Let me get this straight. You have two lives?"

"Cisco, stop joking around! This could be very serious!",Caitlyn says frowning at him as his face falls.

I look at Barry and he just rolls his eyes and keeps grinning.

"Caityln, it actually is pretty cool", I say winking at her as I see, from the corner of my eye, Cisco grinning again.

Barry just gives me a warm smile .

"Indeed it is, Ms.Davis! Welcome to star labs!"

I turn around only to see the one and only Dr.Wells.

⚡️

"Well, this IS turning out to be pretty serious Ms.Davis. The outcomes I have in mind are pretty far fetched. We'll have to test your blood and DNA to be sure."

I gulp," What do you think it is?"

"Well it could be that you travel to alternate universes back and forth. Like a spirit. But instead you have two lives. But in dream world, like me using the Cisco theory," he looks at Cisco, "your dreams will last longer than your actual life. Like in Inception. This, again could be your side effect of the particle accelerator explosion. Your superpower. Now, there could be two ways in which you could go back. One, when you sleep here, you go there. We are very sure that this is not a dream. We would know then."

"That sounds like something that my dream would say."

Cisco pops in then, "I have the perfect name for you!- Spirit traveller! " He waves his arms around in a magical manner. I like it. I giggle and Barry stifles a laugh. Caitlyn is already preparing the tests.

"Uh, doctor Wells, what's the second way?", I ask nervously. He didn't mention it for a reason.

"We will have to find a way to kill you in this realm."

I stumble to the chair behind me.

Barry is already supporting me.

"Doctor Wells, there has to be another way!"

"Barry, I can't be sure until I run some tests."

•••BARRY'S POV•••
This can't be happening. Not now, not ever. How could he even suggest that sort of thing?

Gabriella, in front of me looks pale. She very evidently doesn't like the idea. She is staring into nothing, her brown-black eyes glassy, her once peach lips drained of all color.

I knew she liked me, I mean, when she wasn't like this. Does she now? I can't keep getting torn between her and Iris, she has already had her heart broken once. Even though she doesn't remember, it doesn't mean the feelings aren't there.

He pushed her to the ground, I saw the bright light that was always there leave her eyes and that's when I jumped out. He looked at me for a moment and didn't calculate my punch. He was thrown onto the floor and I yelled," Get outta here! And never come back to her again!" He ran out almost scared.

That was the first time that side of me came out.
It was different.
Then I turned to Gabriella.
She was shivering and her bottom lip trembling.
But she wasn't crying. "Cmon,"I say softly "let's get you out of here. OK?" She nods silently. I carry her out.

Wells just looks at me. Gabriella is brain dead. Cisco has his mouth hanging down to his feet. Caitlyn, well, she's busy. And me, I'm OK. I bend in front of Gabi and ask her, "Are you OK?" She silently nods. Just like that night.
Then she smiles a little and says," So much for the spirit traveller!"

⚡️