I Know What Really Happened

One the day of Gabi's birthday.....

Barry's POV

I ran as fast as I could. Faster. Not stopping. I can't stop. I won't stop.

Not until I find her.

•••••••••

She hugs him and steps back, with a weary smile on her face. Then gets into the car, and drives off. Oliver's smile drops just as the car goes out of view. Felicity, holds on to him, a frown growing on her face. Diggle purses his lips together.

Maybe coming here was a bad idea.

"I see you Barry", calls Oliver.

He continues.

" I'm not called The Arrow for nothing."

I step out from behind my hiding place. Which, now I realise, is pretty pathetic. My brain isn't as fast as my legs.

"Oliver I -"

Felicity jumps in," no! Don't you dare Barry!"

She walks into the building. Huffing, Diggle follows her. Oliver gives me a stony stare. "Barry, I know what's going to happen. And I trust you won't hurt her again."

I nod.

He smiles at me, and shuffles inside.

That was not as bad as I thought it would be. Now, phase two. And hopefully I won't make a mistake this time.

••••••••

Later, back in Central City

"Linda its just- I just feel that-"

She sighs, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I know you still love her Barry. I figured it out. And its fine! Go! I'm glad you were honest."

She smiles and I send one back.

"Umm Linda, maybe you'd like to join us for Gabi's birthday and Christmas today?"

She smiles nodding," I'd love to."

She stops for a second.

Then says, a little softer," go get her back tiger"

I chuckle.

••••••••••

Present

She stares at the television silently. The loss of conversation makes it seriously awkward, the only sound coming from the television.

But I'm not watching the television.

I watch her.

Okay, creepy, I know. But I can't help it.

I watch her eyes twinkle when Troy says something cheesy to Gabriella. I find her frowning, when something is sad, or her little bottom lip sticking out when she can't understand something.

Finally I make my decision.

"Gab?"

She tears her eyes away from the screen, biting her lip and looking at me saying," mhmm.?"

I smile.

"I love you"

She freezes for a couple of seconds.

She opens her mouth and closes it again. She turns her head back to the television.

I sigh.

I look at the screen, just as I hear a voice.

"I love you too."

I grin like an idiot to myself.