Imminent battles

How ironic to live in such a paradoxical world to the one I was actually born in.
And how ironic of me to forget it completely, and even more so to remember more than any mind can.

I always wonder how I can remember so easily what happened in the past, even if it was in a different timeline.

I remember clearly a tsunami, and Joe being held captive, but Cisco had said that that didn't happen, and later I found out that it was Barry who had altered the timeline ever so slightly.

How did my mind remember this?
How did I remember this?

Every so often, I'll run a test on my cells, but I simply can't make out what's so different about me that I remember different timelines.

Caitlyn says it's different, but different good, and she then always goes on to say how it may help us.

But it scares me.
It scares me that I'll always remember things I want to forget. And damn, will that hurt.

----

"Are you sure a race is something that we can win?", Iris questions, her arms folded over her chest. She has Wally by her side, who looks close to terrified.

"Of course it's possible Miss West, who's to say Barry can't beat zoom?", Says Doctor Wells.

All Barry can do is look at his feet, which in a couple hours from now, will be running like never before.

A couple of minutes later, Barry approaches me, a saddening look on his face asking for a favour.

"Think you can create a protective shield around you guys so that zoom can't reach you?"

"What if he phases through it?"

"He won't, not if you fight hard enough. I know you can do it."

And it only takes me milliseconds to say yes.

----

Barry nods at me.

I put every ounce of happiness I've ever had into making the biggest, most strongest shield ever. Caitlyn squeals and Joe whispers a no to the air.

"I'm sorry, but all of you mean a lot to us."

Barry gives me a questioning look.

I step out of the growing shield, and continue putting more energy there.

"I'm here if you need help Bartholomew", I say, grinning at him.

He chuckles, nodding, looking around to see if zoom is anywhere.

Meanwhile, I wink at Roy who stands bamboozled inside the shield and smile encouragingly to Joe, who looks terrified.

The shield only keeps growing and darkening in color, from a light transparent blue, to darker, and more opaque.

And then I see him.

He's running in at the speed of light, but anyone would notice him.
He looks at Barry, then me and finally at the shield.

"You really think that will hold up to my strength?", He scoffs," I kill her", he points at me," and it's as simple as that."

Barry falters and he's about to say something when I speak up," So kill me then, what's stopping you?"

Barry's mouth drops, but zoom just laughs.

"Oh I will dear sis-"

"Step sister in a world I never lived in zoom, get your facts straight."

He just cackles even more," I love this banter we're having dear sister, I wonder if you'll still be this sassy when I'm killing you"

I roll my eyes.

He turns to Barry," So Flash, are you ready?"

"Always was", Barry smirks.

All I can do now is watch, wait and hope.

They speed around, at a speed which only allows my slow eyes to see blurs, and I'm blind to what they may say to one another, or how they fight one another. All I can see are blinding flashes of immense light, so bright that it almost seems dim, and non existent.

Cisco is practically yelling at me to let the shield down and allow him to help me with his powers, but I refuse to do so.

Roy is screaming, telling me that my face is going purple and I need to stop, else I'll get hurt.

But what's one person to the rest of them? There's not a chance that I'm going to let them get hurt.
The pain might be eating my insides, but I'm standing strong, my eyes only focusing on the lights.

All of a sudden, I see two blue streaks, and one yellow. Then two yellows and one blue, and then one Barry.

Then a flash of a time portal and the most death like things I've ever seen. They move like dementors, they feel like dementors, but I know they are the time keepers, and their cause is supposedly for the better.

They seem to be after Barry, and my breath hitches, my heart racing faster than any speedster.

But they turn, and take someone else with them. Zoom.

And it's as simple as that. He's gone.

My vision clears and I can hear better, and Barry is speeding towards me, but I barely notice him.
I motion my shield to turn to wisps, and in seconds Roy is by my side.

There's celebration around me, but all I can do, is look at where the portal appeared, in shock of how everything ended so suddenly.

Silence is the warm blanket around me, and I can sense that it's laced with hope and relief, with the warm fuzzy feeling of Roy's hand enclosing mine.