Tough Luck

"That was great! Awesome!", Cisco high fives me. I grin, but I  ant help feeling uneasy. I rush to my bag, just to check if the evidence is still there. My hands touch the plastic. I sigh. Its still there.

"Something wrong Gabriella?", asks Dr.Wells.

"Ill talk to you about it later Dr.Wells, maybe after everyone is back."

He gives me curt nod.

*********

"I'm so glad that you're okay!", I hug caitlyn. She smiles and whispers, " you found anything?"

I nod," fabric. I told Dr.Wells that I'd show him."

"Ill ask him with you", caitlyn squeezes my hand.

"I'm coming too", says Cisco, emerging from the shadows.

"Where are you guys going?", asks Barry, who is spinning his chair round and round again.

"Uh, to the accelerator Bar, we needed to check something out."

Barry nods, still spinning. I wish I could tell him.

"Why don't you want to tell him?", asks caitlyn,"The reverse killed his mom too!"

"Not until we have solid evidence", answers Cisco for me. I nod in agreement.

"What did you have to show me Gabriella?", emerges Dr.Wells from a room.  He leads us inside. I take the plastic out of my pocket. "Fabric. Straight off the Reverse Flash' suit."

Cisco looks at me in bewilderment. Caitlyn smiles.

Dr.Wells grits his teeth, like he's angry. Why?

"Cisco and I will examine it", says Dr.Wells, but there's something weirdly persuasive in his voice.

"Actually", I begin," I want to test this myself, I feel like I need to do this."

"Fine. I need to check on Ronnie and Professor Stein."

***********

"So that happened", I finish. Joe gulps the rest of his coffee. We walk out of CCJitters.

"Don't worry really, about Barry I mean. Dr.Wells, be careful."

"Okay."

The sky is now midnight blue, with little glittering specks of light peeking out of the city pollution, but to make it sound prettier, let's just call them clouds.

Then my phone ruins everything.

"Hey Cisco, wass- I'm right there! Yeah, don't worry I got the mask.", I hang up.

"Joe, I need to go", I tell him handing him my coffee and pulling on my spare mask from my bag. "Barry needs me."

I race to CCJitters but the glasses are shattered and the place is empty. I run again to the back alley.

Pushing the door open I see Ronnie and The Flash. And a general. Why did it have to be a goddamn general?! He throws what I recognise as a cube and as if in the slowest motion possible, involuntarily, the blue patronus(at least that's what Cisco calls it), emerges out of no where and attempts to block the cube. But it's too late.

The cube splits before the patronus reaches it and divides into a million spikes, then fall all at once. On Barry.

I scream, allowing my powers to knock whatever guards there standing, right off their feet. But the general gets up quickly. "Ill get you next time", he slurs. And he's gone.

Was he talking to Ronnie, Barry or me?

I give Ronnie a look, he shrugs. Barry groans to make himself feel present.

"Barry!", I rush towards him. Spikes cover his body and he can barely move.

"Cisco!", I yell into my phone. "Cisco we need help!"

As I cut the call, I glare at Ronnie.

"Tell me what happened."

*******

"Their here because of FIRESTORM", explains caitlyn. Ronnie looks at me apologetically. Cisco pats my back.

I hold on to Barry's hand. They knew about Barry. What he was capable of. But something tells me that this General Eiling didn't see my powers coming. He looked surprised.

"And that's what happened", caitlyn finishes.

Geez.

I didn't hear a thing.

"So, Eiling basically despises us?", asks Barry, wincing in pain as he tries to get up. I gently push him back down. He needs his rest.

"Yeah."

"Well", Barry begins," that's just tough luck."

He smirks.

Pretty tough luck.