Regrets

"I need to be free!", I half yell, my voice cracking and itching with pain.

Barry chuckles. " you need to rest. The screaming didn't help, and tell me how you didn't know you have a cold!"

I gruff,"firstly, who wouldn't scream if they were locked up in a dark room, and secondly, I was trying to ignore it, plus I'm a superhero! I'm not supposed to get colds! You don't!"

"My cells regenerate fast, therefore they fight fast and I don't get colds, but you do!"

I groan again. "Oh no!", I say.

I feel a sneeze coming.

Barry notices his eyes widening and speeds away from me. Gee, thanks.

" ahhh-ahhhchoooooo!!!"

My patronus shoots out of my fingers and gives a spectacular firework show for Barry and Cisco who just happened to walk in, dropping all the experiment results that caitlyn had earlier put in order.

For me however, it was a nightmare.

I sniffled.

"You guys are such bad friends!", I whine.

Barry pouts," I'm just a friend?"

"Okay"

He sighs

I smirk," maybe my best friend."

Barry pouts even more and Cisco pushes past him.

"Gurl! I thought I was your best friend!", he rages.

Barry laughs and I join in too.

" Cisco! You did NOT just ruin my alphabetically organised pile of experiments for improving Gabi's health!", caitlyn snaps

Cisco's mouth forms into an 'O'.

"Omigoshiamsosorrygabi!"

I giggle," its okay, Cisco. Cait, maybe I can help you organise them later!"

Caitlyn shakes her head," I need these done pronto."

With that, Barry speeds around, and in seconds is holding a pile of papers.

"Thanks Barry! Don't worry Gabi! I'll have that antidote in no time at all!", she spins and walks off, Cisco follows her, apologising.

Next to me, Barry sits down on the bed.

" About just being friends gab, I wanted to ask you something", he takes my hand.

I can already feel my hands going cold. Is he going to pop that bubble I had in mind for ages?

"Wow, you're hands are seriously cold!"

"Yeah I know. Umm, bar, you were saying?"

His grip tightens around my fingers.

"Yeah, I- I was wondering if, you know, youd like to be my girlfriend maybe?"

I can feel my cheeks heating up, surely turning red.

"Uhh.."

He scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh", he says," I didn't know you didn't feel that way. I need to go."

He walks away and out of the room. I want to say something but I can't, my mouth is somehow glued shut. How can't I say yes to such a simple question? Do I love the guy? Yes! I really do. I've felt it over the weeks. He's amazing, genuine and I thought he really liked me too.

What have I done?

I jump out of the bed, pushing away any wires out of the way, straightening my clothes and running all the way to the elevator.

Barry isn't here.

I step into the elevator, jamming the button, hoping it speeds up the process, but it makes no effect. Finally, after what feels like an eternity, I reach.

The cool wind, hits me almost immediately, making my face stiffen. I've forgotten my coat, which means its even worse. I glance around, looking for Barry. But he's no where in sight.

What have I done?

Barry's POV

"And then she didn't say anything", I finish.

Iris frowns. "She really loves you Barry I don't know why she would do that."

"Sure doesn't seem like it", I choke.

I loved Gab so much. And now she didn't love me back. Did I say anything? Was the Flash getting in the way?

" Listen to me Barry. If you feel like you've wasted your time, look for someone else. Maybe that, Linda? It's almost Christmas and you can't be alone. And Gabi's birthday, we'll probably find a way to make that okay", iris suggests.

Maybe she's right. Even though it's hardly been any time, I should move on.

"Okay. I'll call Linda."