Just a little nightmare

It's windy, and I'm freezing. I'm shivering, yes, but that's far from my thoughts. A man stands beside me.

"Quite a sight isn't it?"

"The sunset, yes. The murder, not so much."

He chuckles," The murder doesn't say any better of our city. It's light was bound to die anyway. With zoom being around."

I nod," Zoom."

I turn to him. His brown eyes and his sharp jaw set off a tingle, as if I've seen him before.

That or he's extremely attractive.

I put my hand forward,"Gabriella Davis."

"Roy Harper", he shakes my hand, smiling.

------------

"Who was that?", Asks Jay, as I meet him at the mall.

"Oh I just met him, he's an officer, but he's a reserve. I can't believe zoom would kill so many."

He nods, "We should get going, we don't want Uncle Andrew to throw a fit just because we're late now do we?"

I shake my head smiling.

Then the air is sucked out of me, and I can feel the darkness spread around and my body is overcome with absolute oblivion.

I'm thrown to the center of the street, where I am left to die, while Jay gives me a smirk, and I'll live with that mystery for eternity.

As darkness overcomes my vision, the last thing I see are empty blue sockets.

Roys POV

I hear a scream from where I dropped Gabriella off, and I dash as fast as I acn to the area.

A man, her cousin, is what she had said, stands in shock, witnessing, who I think is Zoom, kill Gabriella.

I pull my gun out, shooting at the speedster, but he simply turns around, a grim look on his mask.

He speeds to me and snatches the gun from my hand, shooting me instead, several times filling me with more pain than I have ever felt in my life.

I'm pushed to the middle of the street and forced down next to Gabriella, who stares blankly at the sky, taking her last breaths of this world.

Zoom speaks loudly, but I can't concentrate to what he's saying.

I'm dying, there isn't much I can do.

I take Gabriella's hand, and stare at the night sky, which is glowing orange, with touches of purple.

A beautiful view, for a beautiful death.

I died in attempt to save another, and I am dying content.

----

"WAKE UP!"

I shoot up straight, the first thing me seeing is Roy, a worried look etched on his face.

I lean back on the sofa, catching my breath.

"You okay?", Asks Roy, " I almost had to ring Joe for help."

"I'm fine. It was, just a little nightmare."

"Just a little nightmare?", He growls, " You were close to damn tears Gabi, it wasn't just that."

"Roy-"

"Don't Roy me! You have this look of pure death on your face and it's freaking me out! How am I supposed to know you aren't suffering in there?"

Anger boils in my chest.

"Why do you even care Roy? You disappear for weeks and I think you're dead! I don't need you twirling my feelings around like a bloody key ring!"

We sit on his couch in silence.

He sighs, taking my hand.

" I didn't mean to hurt you Gabi, I'm just worried. I have no clue about your power and stuff. Honestly I just wanna help."

I keep quiet.

"Fine. Have it your way. Goodnight."

He walks out of the living room, slamming the bedroom door, making me flinch.

I run out the front door, closing it quietly so that Roy doesn't notice.

I run up the stairs to the top level and bust through the rooftop door.

Plopping myself down, I peer up at the night sky, which has a sea of beautiful stars cutting across it, glittering against the velvet blue of the night.

I let the tears fall, I let them fall to the ground, and I let myself free.

I don't want to see me die anymore.

I dont want to see Roy die anymore.

I don't want these memories. They dont belong to me.

Using my power, I create a ball of energy and send it up to the sky, letting it shine bright.

The star of emotion.

Out of pure exhaustion, I'm pass out on the rooftop, with sleep at its dawn.