Blast From The Past

"You're sure you saw him?",asks Roy, hunched over Wally, his hand pressed on his back. Wally grunts, nodding, almost looking nauseous. I shake my head," That's crazy. When I was-- away, they, you, got rid of the Philosophers Stone, right?"

Roy nods viciously," Yeah, I guess we were either wrong, or stupid."

"Or both",I smirk.

Roy rolls his eyes at me," We need to get him back immediately. Jesse?"

Jesse nods," On it." She speeds off with Wally by her side.

Roy stuffs his hands in his pockets. He then shifts from heel to heel. 

"Well, considering we're on a date, I think I should get you out of this highly dangerous alleyway, don't you think?"

I laugh," We should get back at the lab, but yes, yes you should. And I can take care of myself you know?"

Roy chuckles, throwing his arm over my shoulder and guiding me to the car," Oh don't I know it."

---

I click the pen. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off.

On--

"If you do that one more time I will thrash you against the wall by vibe attacking you!",says Cisco, his arms over his head like he's about to scare me.

"And how're you gonna do that when I throw a white blanket over you and no one would know the difference between you, and a Halloween ghost?"

"Excuse you with your commentary, I in fact, have read every Goosebumps book and seen every movie, and I can assure you, I'm so not a Halloween ghost. I'm an Easter bunny."

I scoff making a face at Cisco,"Nerd."

"Bully"

My head is bent over the Caitlyn's blood sample. My feet rest on the desk, the laces of my converse all loose. I could trip if someone broke in. 

I tuck my hair behind my ear. "You don't think that Cait would--"

Cisco looks up from his station, where his goggles sit comfortably. "Cait would switch to Killer Frost like in the future? God I hope not."

"It's scary, the only thing between her and Killer Frost being that necklace. It's doing a great job I know, but I'm scared Savitar might do something to get that off her."

"I know. That won't happen. We can't let it."

"Then this whole thing with Iris and I ju-"

"-stop Gabi. We will work this out. All of us, okay? Remember when we thought we'd lost you? When you'd gone rogue? Well, you're here now. Somehow, I know things will work out."

"Cisco?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me we'll always be a family."

"I promise."

---

It's cold, stormy. We haven't had a day like this in months. But I'm trapped in here, I can't go anywhere. 

The blood in my veins runs fast, cold, heartless, meaningless. I'm trapped in my head, I cannot feel, I cannot make my own decisions. I hear thunder outside, and I all I can think of doing is running out there, joining myself, with the harsh lightening. More specifically, the blue lightening.