[5] outcome

thursday ;

"You ready to go?" I ask, and Aphmau nods. I twist the keys and the engine of the car starts.

"Your parents said okay right?" She askrd as I backed out of the parking spot, and I nod.

And yes, I know she said 'parents', but she seems like the emotional type and if she starts crying and her tears stain the leather seats, especially the front one, I'm not going to be kicked out of the house for just one night.

•••

"That house." She pointed, and my eyes widened. The house she pointed at had a large, angle roof, with purple and white stripes covering the entire house.

"Wow, eye catcher." I say, and she laughs.

"I know, I have some old friends who are great architects and builders, so when they heard I had landed property they practically begged to build it." She says, and I nod.

I stop outside and turn the gear shift into parking mode, and she unbuckles her seatbelt, and opens the car door.

I do the same, and shut it behind me, locking the car. I turn around and Aphmau is standing there, her hazel eyes glimmering under the sunlight. She leads me to the front door and sticks her keys in the keyhole, and begins twisting it.

"I live with my nephews by the way, my sister and her husband have divorced and don't want the kids to grow up with divorced parents. I know, it's weird, but I don't mind." She said, and finally took the keys out and opened the door.

"Aphmoo!" We were greeted at the door by little boy in a blue striped T-shirt and khaki shorts, with blonde hair much like mine and large blue eyes.

"Levin! Hello! Where's your brother? I need to tell him something." Aphmau picked up the child, and he saw me, and his eyes widened.

"Aphmoo, who's that?" He pointed at me, and I adjusted my glasses.

"Just my classmate, we have to do a project together." She said, and he nodded.

"Aph? You're back?" I hear a slightly deeper voice, and a boy with brown hair and green eyes emerges from the upstairs, and Aphmau nods, putting her other nephew down.

"Boys, meet Garroth. He's my partner for a school project. I'm gonna be busy doing this project with him so Malachi, make sure your brother doesn't run into my room, because I have to concentrate. Okay?" She instructed, and both the boys nodded.

"Good, okay. Go play now." She said, and they ran back up the stairs.

"Why do they call you by your name?" I ask, as she walks up the stairs and motions for me to follow.

"Malachi, the brown-haired one, is seven, but's he's very intelligent. Levin, the blonde one, is five. It would be weird for all of us if they called be Aunt, or Mom, since I'm only eighteen. So I asked them to call me like I'm their sister, so Malachi calls me Aph, and Levin calls me Aphmoo." She explains, opening the purple door to her room.

We walk inside and the first thing I see is the outside, a window stretching across the entire room. A double bed is on the side, with violet covers.

"Welcome, to my room. My caretaker for the boys is downstairs, she's one of my best friends, and has graduated college. She earns money for this house, by selling fairy lights." She tells me, and I nod. Coincidentally, there comes a knock on the door.

Aphmau walks over to the door and opens it, and I examine her room further. A clear view of the city is visible from her window, and there's a small study desk at the side of the room.

"Aphmau! Malachi told me that you have a friend over, do you want me to make dinner for him too or?... Wow." I hear a mature feminine voice, and I turn to face the door.

"Oh, right. Garroth, meet Zoey. My friend and housemate." Aphmau says and moves away, and standing in the doorframe is a girl who is slightly taller than Aphmau, and has long blonde hair and deep blue eyes. She had a green headband around her head, a green shirt and brown shorts.

"Helloooooo." She awkwardly stood there, blushing.

"Hi, I'm Garroth. And no, I'm not staying for dinner. Sorry." I say, walking up to her and shaking her hand.

"O-Oh, shame. Well, o-okay then. Bye!" She said and zoomed back down the stairs.

"That was... odd." I say, and Aphmau shrugs.

"I don't know. Anyway, let's get this project started!" She grinned, and walked over to the bed and took out her books.

•••

"About time you came back." I opened the door and was greeted with my brother eating at the table.

"Dad said it was okay." I say, and he scoffs, but says nothing more.

"Did the maids come?" I ask, and Zane gives barely noticable nod. I walk up the stairs and into my room.

Or the dusty attic.

I place my bag down next to the bedside table, and look out the one window in the roof, where the moonlight shone through.

I sat on my bed and looked over at the empty lilac purple picture frame.

One word ; one name comes to mind.

Aphmau.