[6] big shot

"Aphmau! You look beautiful, love. Come here." Laurance cat-calls Aphmau, who is standing next to me, nonchalantly waving at Mr "look at me I'm so popular".

I'm looking into my practically empty locker when I see Laurance walk over, and I shut my locker door loudly.

Laurance, being the oblivious idiot he is, completely did not notice this, and proceeded to lean on the lockers behind Aphmau.

I looked at her and she rolled her eyes, turning around.

"Yes? How may I help you Meteli?" She sasses, and he laughs.

"Haha, sassy. I love it. We got off to a bad start, so hey. I'm Laurance Meteli, and you are a beautiful girl." He smiles, and I can tell Aphmau is uncomfortable.

Luckily, I was a master in the excuse department.

"Aphmau, didn't you say you wanted to get to English early so we could discuss the project?" I placed my hand on her shoulder and she turned around, and looked confused for a split second before realising I was saving her from certain disaster.

"Oh, yeah. Bye Laurance." She said and I started walking, her following behind me. Laurance did not look very happy about this.

"The creep." She mutters, and I smile.

"You know what my next objective is Garroth?" She asks, and I shrug, adjusting my black backpack straps.

"To make you laugh. I got you to smile, so now you need a good laugh." She ran a bit to catch up with me, and I smiled.

"You look better when you smile, you should do it more often." She smiled at me, and I frowned purposely.

"Right, okay." I say nonchalantly, and she nudges me in the arm.

"No fun." She pouts, and I roll my eyes.

"Tough crowd." She sticks out her tongue, and I smile at her ridiculous face.

"There we are." She grinned, and I smiled.

•••

"Hello class, continue discussing your projects. Homework will be handed out at the end of the period." Mr Burt entered the classroom, and immediate chatter filled the room.

Aphmau lifted her chair and brought it closer to mine, despite us sharing the same long white table.

"We have to continue our discussion on Midnight." She whispered, and I felt like laughing, but I couldn't.

I haven't laughed in so long; I forgot how to do it.

"I think it's an okay book. Not the best, but okay." I said, and she frowned.

"Nutella Swan and Tedward Culinary are the best! What are you talking about?" She whined quietly, purposely making her voice higher-pitched to tick me off. I smiled and looked out the window, as when I did when she first came.

"Sure." I said, and she nudged me in the arm.

"Garroth?" She suddenly asked, and I turn to her, her sparkling hazel eyes staring into mine.