[15] outing • pt. 3

DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE OF 1K YESTERDAY AND IM FEELING NICE :)

•••

"This one Garroth!"

"This one is nice."

"I think you'd look nice in these!"

"Aphmau, I only have one pair of eyes." I laugh, and she squeals.

The attendant behind the counter was in a magenta cardigan, and engrossed in reading some book. Her name tag said "Emmalyn".

"I'm getting clear contacts for you. You could wear your contacts at home, and wear your glasses out! Perfect!" She happily said, and I rolled my eyes.

"What's your eye degree?" She asked, and sat beside me on the chair.

"Um, four hundred and seventy for both eyes I think." I say, and she nods. She gets back up and walks over to the attendant.

She begans talking and the attendant nods and talks back. The girl suddenly gets up and walks into the back. Aphmau turns to me and grins, and I roll my eyes.

"Garroth, come over here." She calls, and I oblige. She motions for me to sit on a stool in front of a mirror, and she sits beside me.

"Close your eyes." She instructs, and I shut my eyes. I can hear the attendant coming back, with what I'm not sure.

I feel Aphmau's hand brush against my cheek and the heat rushes to both my cheeks, while she uncontrollably giggles. I feel something being put on my face, and Aphmau gasps.

"Oh my Irene! Garroth, open your eyes!" She squealed, and I opened my eyes. I was looking at myself in the mirror, but with a pair of big, blue glasses on my face. The glasses were very close to the colour of my eyes, but a shade lighter.

Aphmau squealed in delight, and I turned to her.

"Do you like them? I saw them and thought they were perfect, but the one on display was a bit darker, so I asked Emmalyn here whether she had a lighter one, and she does! Hehe!" She giggled, and I smiled at her adorableness.

"Yes, I like them." I smile, and she grins.

"We'll take these, thank you. And the contacts please?" Aphmau smiled at the blonde-haired girl, and she nodded and smiled back before disappearing into the back again.

I took the glasses off and Aphmau took them from me, putting them back in the case.

The woman reappeared in a few minutes, this time with boxes.

"You know how to wear contacts right?" Aphmau asked, and I nodded.

I had a small party thrown for me that Laurance threw for me before he was a jerk and his eyes were green, in sophomore year. Cadenza got me contacts.

Emmalyn opened the box and took out the contact case and opened the left and right case, and I took the left one and put it in my eye first.

I blinked and soon the contact was in place, and for the first time in awhile, I could see clearly. I took the other one and put it in, and soon my sight was restored.

"Can you see?" Emmalyn asked, and I nodded. Aphmau turned around to look behind her, and pointed at a sign board with rather small words written on it.

"What does that say?" She asked, and I read it.

"Eyes are the windows to the soul." I read, and Aphmau claps.

"You can see again!" She smiles, and I smile.

I can see your beautiful smile clearly again.

"Yeah." I chuckle, and she smiles at Emmalyn.

"How long are these reusable?" She asked, and Emmalyn smiled at Aphmau.

"About three to four days. The glasses will come in about two to three, so buy two of three boxes of these and you'll be fine." Emmalyn said, and Aphmau nodded. She began to dig through her purple backpack and took out a black purse, and placed the money on the glass display case.

"Three boxes plus the glasses." She says, and Emmalyn nods.

"The one your wearing is free, I'll let you have it." She smiled, and I smiled back.

"Thank you." I say to Emmalyn as she walks over to the cashier with the money. She puts it in and takes a paper bag from under the counter. She walks back over to me and Aphmau, and puts in three boxes of contacts into the bag.

I take it and Aphmau smiles.

"Do you like your sight back?"

Yes, because I can see your face again.

"Yeah, so I don't trip over everything." I say, and she laughs.

"You don't trip over everything, just most." She giggles, and I roll my eyes while smiling.

"Let's go, we have to get your clothes."

•••

"Wait wait wait, let's go get something to drink! I think I see a bubble tea over there!" Aphmau grins, acting like a hyper little kid. I smile and nod, and she runs towards the bubble tea shop.

"Reach there before me you'll get a hug!" She screams, knowing I'm not particularly interested in bubble tea. I roll my eyes and begin running.

This girl knows how to toy with my emotions, which I have very little of.

I pass her and let out a small laugh, and she laughs. I stop outside the bubble tea shop door, and she rolls her eyes and soon joined me.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and nuzzled her head into my chest, and I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"For a bony stick, you're pretty comfortable." She nuzzles her head further, and the heat gets hotter.

She lets go of me and pushes open the glass door, holding it open for me to enter the shop.

The parts she touched are tingling, and my heart is racing.

I follow her in and as I watch her eagerly decide which bubble tea she wants, I ponder more on my unanswered question.

Do I like Aphmau?

Am I doing what I swore never to do?