[9] gaze

"Garroth, go outside. The house is perfectly fine, I need to discuss somethings with your brother."

SLAM.

Well, that doesn't happen every Saturday.

I was standing in the front of the mansion, the door locked. But this time I wasn't kicked out because my father was upset with me.

He had to discuss things with the one he adores so, my brother.

That, does not happen very often.

I shake off the thought and straighten the shirt I usually wore on the weekends, as the only other two shirts I had were in the laundry pile I had to do.

I shove my hands in my hands in my pocket after pushing up my glasses.

I start walking down the street, aimlessly.

The occasional rustling of leaves and honking of cars surrounded me in the never ending sounds of little mumbles and chatter among passers-by.

I continued walking, the sun beating down on me, but I didn't sweat.

"Garroth!"

I turn around and the first thing I see is orange hair, and light blue eyes.

"Cadenza?" I say, and I notice the package she has in her hands.

"I wanted to give this to you yesterday, but you didn't show up. I found out what my dumb brother did to you, so as an apology for my brother's rash actions, I made you some new clothes, because you're always wearing the same thing." She moved the package closer to my face, and I took it.

"You didn't have to." I said nonchalantly, and she smiled.

"No, he's always bullying you. I have to go before he realises I'm doing this, or I'll be getting a seven hour lecture on why I shouldn't be talking to a supposed loser like you. Bye!" She grinned and walked off, and I rolled my eyes.

I didn't want to open it now due to the environment I was in, so I kinda just carried it.

I continued walking aimlessly until I realised that I was on Aphmau's street, and I saw the purple house in the distance. Music was playing from it, and I could hear happy squeals.

I walked closer, and the music just got louder, and laughing could be heard. I looked into the window of the vibrant house, and I saw Aphmau dancing; Levin and Malachi dancing as well.

Levin and Malachi looked very happy and like they were having fun, and Aphmau seemed to enjoy watching them.

I leaned onto the wall, and continued to look in the window, as they continued.

Aphmau's black hair swayed gently and gracefully, and her hazel eyes full of joy; particularly in watching her two nephews have a good time.

A sigh escaped my lips, and suddenly I heard the front door open. I peered over the corner to look at the front porch, where her five dogs resided.

Zoey was standing there, a packet of dog food in her hands. She bent down and began to pour it into their bowls, when she turned her head and spotted me.

"Garroth?" She called, and I quickly hid behind the wall, but shook my head knowing I had been spotted.

"What are you doing he-"

"Zoey? Who are you talking to?" The
music stopped, as well as my movements.

"Garroth is here." Zoey moved aside, and Aphmau stood there. I awkwardly waved my hand, and Aphmau laughed.

"Garroth, relax. Why are you here?" She asked, and I adjusted my glasses in one hand, the other holding Cadenza's gift.

"My dad wanted me to go get some fresh air, but I don't really have much to do, so I came here." I shrugged, and suddenly Zoey blushed and walked back inside.

"I don't know what's wrong with her." Aphmau shrugged, and I exhaled.

"So, you wanna come in? Levin and Malachi would be glad to see you. They like you." She smiled, and I nodded, smiling.

I went to the front of the house and went up the porch, and followed behind her into the house.

"Garr Garr!" Levin clapped his hands happily, and Aphmau laughed.

"Yes, Garr Garr is here." She smiled, and I rolled my eyes.

"What's that?" Malachi pointed to the clothes, and Aphmau walked over.

"Cadenza gave it to me as an apology for what happened with her brother yesterday." I said, and Aphmau's eyes widened.

"Wear it on Thursday, when we go to Phoenix Eats." She clasped her hands together, and I adjusted my glasses.

"Why?" I ask, and she giggled.

"Because you wear the same darn thing all the time, dummy." She grins, and I roll my eyes.

"You can play with the boys for awhile, I promised Zoey that I'll make lunch today." She said, and I nodded, looking at the two kids in front of me. She walked off to the kitchen.

"Garroth, do you like Aph?" Malachi pulled on my shirt, and I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"I-Uh-No, I don't believe in love." I say, and Malachi is looking up at me with his green eyes.

"Why?" Malachi asks, and I shrug.

"I just think it's illogical." I say, and Malachi nods his head.

"Garr Garr and Aphmoo! Garrmoo!" Levin shamelessly giggles, and Malachi pats the little blonde boy on the head.

"He thinks of you like a brother, since you're the only guy who comes to the house and you hang out with Aph a lot, and we treat her like a sister." Malachi says, and my cheeks get hotter.

"I d-don't come that often." I say, and Aphmau gasps from the kitchen.

"Was that a stutter I heard?" She called, and I shook my head.

"N-No." I say, and she laughs.

"I never thought I'd see the day grumpy Garroth stuttered." She laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Garrmoo, Garrmoo, Garrmoo, Marrgoo?" Levin trips on his words, and Malachi laughs while I smile.

"You should come over more often, you make Aph happy." Malachi says looking at me, and my hands turn clammy.

"I don't know." I say, because I really don't.

•••

Song: King Of Anything - NightcoreReality

So the song is actually the song that Aphmau, Levin and Malachi were dancing too. But you should play it the entire chapter because it fits pretty well! ^-^

Cya!
-Zero