[55] finale

Play song on cue, I'll give the cue later in the chapter :)

•••

-Garroth-

"Come on Garroth!" Aphmau pulled me towards the school, her dress flowing gracefully behind her. I laughed softly as we reached the entrance, the rest of the gang following behind.

"Learn to drive, Laurance." Dante whacked Laurance on the head, and I smiled. I felt Aphmau pulling me inside the school, and Mr Burt's welcoming grin.

"I gather you and your little group walked here? None of you know how to drive a car, last time I checked." Me Burt chuckled, and Aphmau and I smiled, gripping my hand tightly.

"Laurance would have learnt how to drive if he had a car. But unfortunately, he can't afford a hairbrush." I say, and Mr Burt laughs.

"I CAN HEAR YOU O'KHASIS!" Laurance yells from a distance away from the entrance of the school, and we all laugh.

"I'll see you two inside. Welcome back, Garroth." Mr Burt smiled, and I nodded.

Aphmau pulled me inside the school, and we followed the signs down the never-ending hallways to reach the hall. I pushed open one door, and Aphmau went inside with me following behind her.

"Woah." She muttered, and I was feeling the same thing.

Students lingered around tables, conversing and drinking punch. Some were dancing under the shiny disco ball hanging from the ceiling, a nice addition to the lace streamers decorating the hall. The hall was dimly lit with coloured lights.

The doors opened behind us and we moved out of the way, revealing the others.

"Wow. They did some work!" Laurance said, and I nodded.

"Best they could do, I suppose." I smile,  and I watch as a few more students pile into the hall.

"At this rate, it should be five more minutes until all the students are here, so let's just wait." Dante said, and we all nodded.

•••

"Welcome to the Phoenix Drop High Senior Prom!" The Headmaster spoke into the microphone, and everyone cheered.

"We want to welcome back Garroth O'khasis, who was recently in an accident. Well done Garroth!" The Headmaster said, and my eyes widened and Aphmau grinned at me, clinging onto my arm and leaning on me.

"Have fun!" He said and the entire hall clapped as he walked off the stage.

The music switched and I saw Laurance and Katelyn dancing, Cadenza talking to everyone, and Kawaii~Chan trying all the cakes with Dante behind her.

"Hey, Nicole looks kinda... heartbroken." Aphmau held my hand as she used her other hand to point towards Nicole, who was sitting on a chair watching Dante and Kawaii~Chan.

"What was Nicole like before Zenix?" Aphmau whispered, and I smile.

"She was the same, just on the right side." I say, and let go of Aphmau's hand. She seemed confused at first, then realised my intentions and nodded.

I walked towards her and she pulled her goggles down, shielding her eyes.

"Go away Garroth, I've done terrible things to you and I don't want to be reminded of it." She said, and I sat down beside her anyway.

"It's fine. Laurance did so many-"

"But it was different. He was drugged; forced. I was..." She trailed, and I pat her head.