[50] i love you

-Aphmau-

No, I must be dreaming.

This must be an illusion because I'm losing him tonight.

No.

I'm dreaming all this.

I open my eyes and pull back, but my face doesn't go far from his.

He opens his eyes to reveal his beautiful blue eyes, and my tears of horror, sadness, and hollowness turn into tears of pure ecstasty.

"GARROTH! OH MY IRENE!" I squeal, grabbing him and placing excited kisses all over his face.

He let out a raspy laugh, as my tears continued falling, and I felt pure joy flowing through my veins.

"You're awake! You're awake! Oh my Irene! And it was only three hours away from the time the doctors' were gonna pull out the life support! YOU'RE AWAKE AND ALIVE!" I shriek in excitement, placing another kiss on his lips, in which he smiles against, and I can tell he missed this dearly too.

•••

-Garroth-

I felt a pair of lips on mine, fresh tears rubbing against my cheeks, dampening my skin.

I recognised the taste of the lips, and they felt so comforting and familiar.

I raised my hands and they slid into position, and I pulled her closer. I began to kiss back, and I could feel her heartbeat get faster.

She slows down, and pulls away. I open my eyes to meet her hazel ones, and my heart races at the sight.

"GARROTH! OH MY IRENE!" She shrieked, grabbing me by the neck and pulling me closer to her, as she planted relieved kisses all over my face. I laughed, my voice raspy and tired.

"You're awake! You're awake! Oh my Irene! And it was only three hours away from the time the doctors' were gonna pull out the life support! YOU'RE AWAKE AND ALIVE!" She cried pure tears of joy, her voice filled with nothing but ecstatsy. She leans forward and kisses me again, and I smile against the kiss.

How I missed this.

"And you remember." She pulls away and smiles, relief filled every inch of her face.

"Remember what?" My voice barely coming out in a whisper.

"Me. Everything. You didn't lose your memory." She smiled, gripping onto my arm like it was keeping her down on Earth, and staring into my eyes as if they were fixated to constantly look into mine.

"What? What do you mean?" My voice slowly got stronger.

"The doctors' said you had a twenty percent chance of waking up, and a ten percent chance of remembering your life if you wake up." She smiled, giddy with excitement.

"I'd never forget you." I say, and she just smiles, unable to say anything that wouldn't be joyful nonsense.

"Do you feel alright?" She dabbed away her tears using a tissue, and I sat up. Surprisingly, the injuries I had received from the car crash weren't too severe, cuts and bruises weren't too bad.

I suppose the coma really hit Aphmau hard, because I could see in her glossy hazel eyes the amount of pain she's been through in the past few days.

"Yeah, the injuries aren't too severe like what my father did." I say, the mention of my father sending a shiver down my spine.

"Well, Gene must not be a very good driver then." Aphmau giggles, and I tilt my head.

"Zenix and his gang were in the car that hit you. Apparently it was all planned, but in the first place they just wanted to hurt you for taking Laurance and Dante. When Azura..." She trailed, and suddenly I felt the memory of Laurance and Aphmau kissing flooded my mind, and I raised my hand to wipe away the forming tears.

"Okay, wait. Before you get mad, let me explain."

•••

"So, Azura and Zenix, and-" I paused, speechless. Aphmau laughed, a laugh that I had missed so dearly.

"Yeah." She smiled, and nothing else right then was brighter than her expression alone.

"WE CAME AS FAST AS WE COULD, IS GARROTH-" Cadenza rushes into the room with Laurance and Dante behind her, and she gasps. I laugh as she rushes over to the bed side and pokes my cheek to check if I'm real, and Aphmau is doubling over.

"OH MY IRENE GARROTH!" She has a simliar expression that Aphmau had when I first awoke, and she squealed with tears in her eyes.

I saw in the back Laurance and Dante high-fiving, grinning like idiots, glad to see I was awake.

"Aphmau's scream brought the nurses and doctors in here almost immediately, and even they said it was a miracle." I laughed, and all of them nodded.

"It is, it really is." Cadenza smiled, and I smiled back.

"I get discharged in two days, then I have over the weekend to prepare for prom." I say, and Cadenza's eyes widened.

She looked behind her at Laurance, who's green eyes were darting between Aphmau and I.

"Come over to our house when you get discharged, we have a surprise." Cadenza grinned, and Aphmau held my hand, squeezing it gently.

"Of course." She said, sincerity covering every inch of her voice.

Soon, Cadenza, Laurance and Dante left, so it was just me and Aphmau.

"I can see the hurt in your eyes." I say, and Aphmau looks away.

"It was more than horrid without you by my side this week, and the thought that you might possibly die didn't help either." She says, sorrow in her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here now, and I'm fine. Let's focus on the now, okay?" I use my free hand to lift her head up by her chin, and she gazes into my eyes and smiles.

"Well, if we're focusing on the now, I'll say the words you said to me," she paused to smile and just look at me - presumably to take in the sight of me being awake - and continued, "I love you."

I smile, more than pleased to hear those words again.

"I love you more than you can imagine, Aphmau."