[51] swoon

-Garroth-

"Thank Irene I still have my spare contacts." I say, laughing as I put them in. Aphmau giggles, getting ready to go over to Cadenza and Laurance's house.

"What do you think they're gonna surprise us with?" She asks, and I shrug, and roll my eyes after putting my other contact in and making sure it was in place.

I turn to her, the sarcasm ready.

"Oh I don't know, maybe they'll kidnap us and pelt us with potatoes, who knows?" I say, and Aphmau bursts into laughter.

"Garr Garr!" I hear Levin burst into the room, followed by an exasperated Malachi.

"I'm sorry for disturbing Aph and Garroth, it's just that Levin is so excited to see you back, and he likes seeing Aph happy again, so he's scared things might go bad again." Malachi sighs, as I looked down at the small boy - who looked nearly identical to me - that was clinging onto my leg for dear life, for the third time today. It was the afternoon.

"It's okay." I say, and I see Aphmau nod as she pulls her hair back into a ponytail.

Malachi pulls Levin away from my leg and Levin frowns, but the disappointment fades immediately as Aphmau walks over and picks Levin up, and Malachi rolls his eyes.

"Malachi, don't start being a Garroth." Aphmau playfully warns, and I scoff in mock-offense.

"Hey! I'm a wonderful person." I say, and she laughs.

"Yeah, you are." She says, using one hand to hold Levin, and she extends the other one towards Malachi, who happily holds it. She brings both of them outside. She places them down, and walks back to me and kisses me on the cheek before speaking.

"C'mon, I told them we'd be over in five."

•••

"Okay, okay. So we've planned this strategically. Laurance will bring Garroth out to do something, and Aphmau will stay at home with me first. Then switch when Laurance and Garroth get back." Cadenza instructs, and Aphmau nods while I sigh.

"I just woke up from a coma and you're giving me so much work." I say in mock-offense, and they all burst out laughing.

"We need to get that brain of yours working again, you doofus." Aphmau playfully punches my arm, and I roll my eyes before pushing a hand through my hair.

"Garroth, c'mon." Laurance pats Cadenza on the head before walking past the group, towards the door. I kiss Aphmau's forehead before following him, already missing her presence.

Laurance starts walking towards the mall, and I catch up.

"I thought you could drive." I say, and he laughs.

"I've been under a curse for three years, and have only relatively recently recovered. I have better things to do than learn how to drive." He adjusts his brown sling bag, which is slung across his shoulder. (Side story outfit, Garroth and Aphmau are also in theirs, Cadenza is in her white dress.)

"Like what?" I ask.

"Rebuilding my reputation." He says, and a mischievious idea comes to mind.

"Asking Katelyn out." I mutter, and he heard. He turns around and pushes me back, and I laugh.

"I asked her to prom only because I didn't want to look like a loser!" He blushes, and I laugh harder.

"Laurance Meteli; a loser? I find that very difficult to believe." I say, and he pulls an annoyed face before turning around and continuing to walk.

"Hey, I know what it's truly like to be a loser. You aren't one, Laurance." I follow behind him.

He sighs and pushes a hand through his light brown hair, seeming exasperated and confused.

"I just... I still like Aphmau. But I'm not one to steal a girl, and it makes me happy to see you happy after that potion made me..." He pauses, and I see barely visible tears form at his eyes.

"You're back to normal, that wasn't you. It's fine. You'll find someone. Anyway, where are you taking me?" I comfort him before changing the topic, and he sees my attempt and he smiles.

"Thank you. You'll see what I'm doing." He smirks, and I roll my eyes.

•••

"ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS." I exclaim, the question coming out as a statement.

"Yes, now come on. You're buying a corsage, and you're going to sweep Aphmau off her feet with the suit Cadenza made for you, even though you've literally swept Aph off her feet before." He does a hand gesture of a person pushing another person out of the way, and I roll my eyes.

"And Aphmau calls me a doofus." I say, and he pushes me.

"Come on, after this we have to get back to the house so Aphmau and Cadenza can go out." Laurance smirks, and I groan.

"Fine, but we're only spending at most half an hour choosing a corsage okay? They practically all look the same anyway." I request, and Laurance nods blankly, like he wasn't listening.

"Yeah yeah okay, come on." He pulls
my arm, dragging me into the shop.

Irene help me.