[52] flowers aren't as beautiful

-Garroth-

I'm looking around the shop, Laurance endlessly asking the shop attendants if he could inspect every single baby blue corsage.

"They all look the same, Laurance. Katelyn isn't even the most feminine-"

"SHH! I'M CHOOSING!" He sticks his hand in front of my face and I back away.

"Okay..." I say, and walk to the other side of the shop, the one part I haven't seen.

A guy who looks around my age is standing at the counter, and he looks rather upset.

"Oh, Kenmur, you can't wear your goggles because that's informal." The attendant mutters in disgust, and I roll my eyes.

I look through the glass casing he's leaning on, and he still fails to see a customer is right in front of him.

"Emmalyn said I looked nice with my goggles." He mumbled, and I saw a bit of his annoyance brush away.

I guess love does that to everyone.

He stands back up and turns around, and his eyes widen.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! How long have you been standing there?" He asks, and I simply shrug.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I was just-"

"Consumed in your own thoughts? Don't worry about it, I've been there." I push a hand through my hair and smile, and he seems to relax. I look back down at the glass casing and see a lilac purple corsage that was simple, yet elegant. (attached on the left)

It fitted her perfectly.

"Hey, can I see that one?" I point at it, and the guy who I presumed was named "Kenmur" from his previous mumbling nodded, and opened the glass display case, sliding out the black tray that had all the corsages on it.

"Here." He unattaches it from the hook on the tray, and passes it to me. I take it, and examine it.

It is screaming Aphmau.

I smile and nod, and he seems to understand and puts the tray back and locks the case.

"Garroth! I'm done!" Laurance runs over to my side with a baby blue corsage in his hands, perfectly matching the colour of Katelyn's hair.

"Nice." I say, and he grins.

I start to walk towards the counter and Laurance follows behind me, and Kenmur rushes over to the cashier.

"So, after this we go back, right?" I ask as Laurance fishes out his wallet from his bag, and he nods.

"Yeah. I think the one you got Aphmau is beautiful." Laurance smiles, and I nod.

"True, but flowers aren't as beautiful as her."

•••

"They're already gone." Laurance says, walking into his house with the plastic bag containing our corsages.

"Okay, so we just-"

"No, we don't just wait. Cadenza sewed a little something." Laurance smirks, and I groan. He runs up the stairs and yells for me to follow, and I oblige.

He takes me to his room and on his bed is a grey suit, the tie is a teal-ish turquoise blue.

"She sewed everything." He said proudly, obviously grateful to have such a talented sister.

"Wow." I say, and he smiles.

"Go try it on and I bet you'll be turning heads when you get to prom." He says, picking up the suit and shoving it into me, and I grab the hanger before it falls to the floor.

"Ow, okay." I say, my ribs now extremely fragile due to the previous injuries.

"Oh, sorry." He says, and I shrug.

"Something I'll have to get used to I suppose." I say, and walk towards Laurance's bathroom to change.

•••

"WOAH! You are gonna blow Aphmau away!" Laurance exclaims and I roll my eyes.

I was in the suit, and it was rather comfortable.

"I do live in the same house and we get ready in the same room, mind you." I laugh, and Laurance looks confused.

"Cadenza didn't tell you?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"Tell me what?" I ask, now curious.

"You and Dante are coming over here to get ready while Cadenza, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan are heading over to you and Aphmau's house to get ready." Laurance says, and my eyes widen.

"Yeah, Cadenza sewed dresses for them as well." He shrugs, and I'm in shock.

"How fast can your sister sew?" I ask, and Laurance laughed.

"Took one hour to complete your suit, and that is pretty fast. So..." Laurance says, and I nod.

"Wow." I say, and he laughs.

"Do you like the suit?" He asks, changing topic.

"Yeah." I say, and he walks closer to me and looks at the beautiful necklace Aphmau gave me in what seemed like years ago.

"She gave you that?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Protect her Garroth, you don't find many like her." He sighs, and I look down at my necklace and smile.

"With my life, Laurance."