[35] panic • pt. 1

And so we embark on the journey of another part-series.

WE'RE BRINGING BACK THE O'KHASIS FAMILY MATE.

•••

Knock knock.

"I'll get it!" I heard Aphmau yell from the level above.

I'm climbing up the stairs to go and see who it is when I hear Aphmau open the door. I peek from behind the small wall on the steps.

She was in a black leather skirt, and a purple jumper. She had her long black hair tied up into a high pony-tail.

"Hello? How may I help you?" Aphmau asks, and I am unable to see the figure standing in front of her.

"I'm looking for Garroth O'khasis."

That voice.

The voice that ordered me around every single day.

The voice that blamed me for my mother's death.

The voice of a torturer.

My father.

I shrink back in fear, tripping over a step and nearly falling over. I catch my balance and manage to recover without making much noise.

"You haven't told me who you are." Aphmau states, clearly annoyed. My father is clearly taken aback by her reply, and clears his throat, realising Aphmau is tougher than what he's used to.

Used to, referring to his personal slave.

"Apologies. I am Garte O'khasis, father of Garroth. He ran from home about a week ago, and I've been looking for him everywhere. His brother Zane tells me that he might be here." Garte says, and I grit my teeth and clench my fists.

Lies.

All these damn lies.

I can tell Aphmau knows these are lies too, as she shifts uncomfortably.

"Um, I'm sorry. He's not here." She shakes her head, and he looks extremely pissed off.

"Fine." He walks away and Aphmau hurriedly closes the door, and I cautiously step up the steps.

Aphmau turns around, her black skirt twirling as she did so. She sees me and relief floods through her body, but is quickly replaced with worry.

"He's after you." Aphmau mumbled, and I walked over to her.

"It's okay." I hug her and whisper in her ear.

"You sure?" We pull away, and her worry-filled eyes gaze deeply into mine.

I can only hope.

"Yes, I'm sure." I say, and suddenly another knocking occurs at the door. I run to hide, and Aphmau straightens out her purple jumper before opening the door.

"I swear I heard his voice." I hear the ever-so familiar voice, and I shiver in fear. I adjust my position from behind the wall at the stairs, the same place as just now.

He looks exactly the same.

Messy black hair and souless blue eyes, with a large figure and a height way taller than me.

"I'm afraid that Garroth isn't here. I have things to do so if you please-"

"That necklace." My father cuts her off, and my heart suddenly speeds up a thousand miles faster and I feel my palms getting sweaty.

"Huh?" Aphmau acts like she's clueless.

"That's a necklace his mother gave him." He said, a stern tone appearing in his voice. He points at the necklace I gave her the previous night. I look down at the basement and realise that Zoey took the boys to go to their friends' house, with the special request of staying there as the parents of their friends were busy until night.

"I'm sorry sir, I have no clue what you're talking about." She bats her eyelashes, her grip getting tighter on the door.

"Oh, I'm sure you know everything my father is talking about." A deep and raspy voice says, and I watch as my younger brother steps out from behind my father, smirking.

Aphmau moves her right leg back slightly, showing signs of distrust and discomfort.

"Look, I'd really appreciate it if you leave now, because I have things to- HEY!" Aphmau gets pushed to the ground by Zane and he strides into the house, and I feel each wooden floorboard he steps on getting corrupted by his heavy footsteps.

My father walks in, and they seem to be searching for me.

"Excuse me, you can't just-"

"Shut up, or I will not hesitate you to throw you out the window of your own house." My father threatened, and I bit down on my lip so hard to prevent myself from shouting in anger, it started bleeding.

"Everyone knows you two are an item you know." Zane corners Aphmau, and I see his black dagger in the back of his pocket. He always had that dagger with him. He reaches for it, as Aphmau cowers in the corner.

No.

No.

No.

No.

I can't watch her die.

I promised to protect her.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her."

•••

That went from 0-100 real quick. xD

Cya!
-Zero