[16] outing • pt. 4

Pro tip for this chapter: You probably will need something to block out the feels screams, so a pillow will be needed.

Enjoy.

•••

"I think these outfits look nice on you, I don't like the other two. They make you look really sad, and we don't need more of that." Aphmau said, taking two outfits out of the basket. I rolled my eyes as she went to put them back.

We'd spent twenty minutes at this shop, ten minutes for me to try out the clothes and shoes Aphmau asked me to try, and ten minutes deciding which outfits to take.

"Okay, I think we're done. I have something to pick up from a jewellery shop actually, so let's hurry and I'll pay." She said, walking back. I nodded, and we walked towards the counter.

The basket had four shirts in it, two knee-length shorts, two pairs of jeans, and Aphmau had a shop assistant bring the three pairs of shoes to the counter first.

"You didn't have to-"

"Shh." She shushed me, and I smiled and rolled my eyes. We reached the cashier and Aphmau began to engage in conversation with the shop assistant as I put the basket on the table.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out, and it's a message from Dante.

Dante: Garroth, have you heard the rumors?

Garroth: No, I haven't been listening to gossip lately since Aphmau is always talking to me instead, so what's wrong?

Dante: Aphmau, you say?

Garroth: Dante, just tell me the darn rumors.

Dante: Haha, okay. Cadenza told me that recently, about two to three days ago, rumors of you and Aphmau dating have been spreading.

Garroth: What? Are you kidding.

Dante: Nope, what are you going to do?

What was I going to do?

Garroth: Rumors will be rumors. It'll fade eventually.

Dante: I guess.

Garroth: Gotta go. Bye.

Dante: Bye.

"Garroth? Who are you texting?" Aphmau suddenly said, and I looked up. The shop assistant was bagging the clothes, and Aphmau was looking at me.

"Dante, I'll tell you about it later." I sigh, sliding my phone back in my pocket.

I take the bags off the counter and carry them, and we begin to walk away.

"So what's wrong?" She asks, walking out of the store.

"Dante says Cadenza told him rumors of us dating have been spreading around the school." I say, and Aphmau gasps.

"Who would do such a- Never mind, don't answer that." She stops herself mid-sentence, and I laugh slightly.

"Just let it pass, rumors of me and another girl spread around the school before." I shrug, and Aphmau tilts her head.